|Job Type:||Full Time|
TheModern Workplace Transformation (MWT) team has a vision to establish a trusted platform that enables productive and healthy enterprises in a world of digital and remote everything, constantly changing work patterns and norms, and the need for organizational resiliency. We aim to solve our customers’ end-to-endexperiencesby enhancing Microsoft 365 tools like Teams to address specific business processes, measure the impact on core business outcomes, and help organizations improve individualand teamwellbeing.
We are looking for aPrincipal DesignerManagerwho can inspire, define, articulate,and deliver amazing solutions. You will be responsible for developing the product strategyand leading the execution for Microsoft to support our customers and partners through this next era of digital transformation, inclusive of Healthcare.Leading by example is a critical skill for this role, someone who wants toleadgreat design, helptotell our stories, and inspireour design team and ourorganization. You will be responsible fordeep customer understanding throughusers’ needs, emotions, and behaviors to gather insightsthatinform our experience design strategy. Your primary responsibility will be to build and grow the team, establish clear career paths with measurable goals, and mentor individual team member growth. The role will also include establishing strategic UX direction and prioritizing product design deliverables,andtalent resourcing.You will work closely with research, PM and dev as well asother design teamsand app partners.
Success for thisrole will be to inspire those around you, empathetic people management skills, the ability to be comfortable in ambiguous environments, break down large & complex problems in solvable chunks, and a desire to innovate in a growing space.You’ll do this by managing the team to collaborate across a diverse set of disciplines, while developing a positive work environment that fosters inclusivity and a growth mindset.
Please include URLs for an online portfolio demonstrating your design process, UX flows, interaction patterns and visual design skills in addition to resume.
Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
- Define and drive people management responsibilities for individual team members and across the team
- Leadworld-class interaction designs from initial concept throughfinishedproduct
- Driveand assess design solutions based on user researchinput, user goals, and business requirements
- Drive deep engagements with product teams on product design
- Create an invigorating and positive work environment / culture
- Work closely and constructively with product management, visual and interaction designers, editors, engineers, and user researchers tolead product design
- Ability to travel for work occasionally
Pre-requisite Knowledge, Skills,and Experience
- A portfolio demonstrating well thought through and polished end to end customer journeys, process, and leadership experience
- 5+ years of industry experience in interactive design and / or visual design
- 3+ years design leadership/management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience educating, partnering, and influencing product teams
- Aware of trends in mobile, communications, and collaboration
- Ability towork well in a fast – paced, multidisciplinary team and partner environment
- The ability to scope and estimate efforts accurately and prioritize tasks and goals independently
- History of impacting shipping products with your work
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Design (or related field) or equivalent professional experience
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch
- Designinguser experiences for enterprise software / services
- Creatingand applying established design principles and interaction patterns
- Drivinguser experiences forHealthcare
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.