|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster, and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
Microsoft has a long history of delivering products and services to sovereign governments. Recently, the types of products and services Microsoft sells to all customers, including governments, has grown in complexity, increasing the risk profile.
Critical to Microsoft Federal’s (MSF) success is the design, build, and run of its infrastructure. CSEO business teams depend on Enterprise 360 (E360) to enable the fabric to connect, host, and support enterprise services. Our cloud networking designed solutions leverage Azure software defined network to create environments that have “corporate context” where necessary to ensure the safe operation of corporate resources in the Cloud. This ensures a secure, reliable, and readily available environment for MSF IT admins, info workers, and developers. MSF E360 builds and operates the cloud infrastructure hosting critical services and applications. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
- Works individually and with teams to drive reliability goals and objectives across services.
- Provide service leadership across a range of diverse stakeholders with inclusion as a priority.
- Translate customer, business, technical needs and requirements into deliverables, with focus on live-site services.
- Collaborate with teams to solve service problems, preventing a recurrence, and codifying the learnings.
- Lead service teams through Live Site Reviews, RCA and corrective action plans including incident management, problem management, change management, and security and compliance.
- Evaluate service feature requests, assist in prioritization, and analyze them for impact to operations and delivery cost.
- Create documentation such as standard operating procedures for internal use and customer facing knowledge resources.
- Improve end-user experiences, lower operating costs and increase protection of the Microsoft environment.
- Evaluate and implement automation, process re-engineering and tooling solutions to increase service stability .
- Be the customer advocate across spectrum of services provided by the organization.
- Set standards and service level indicators (SLIs).
- Lead the design of process and technology solutions that enable measurable performance against SLIs and KPIs.
- Drive improvements in service delivery, reliability, maturity, and scalability.
- Domestic travel - 0%-10%.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Minimum of 5 years of formal experience in IT program management.
- A Bachelor’s degree in STEM field or alternative educations, skills, and/or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability and experience coordinating design, build and operations of full-stack physical network infrastructure.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing projects in live-site service environments (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS a big plus).
- Experience in program or project management for large scale software deployments built on Microsoft platforms.
- Experience leading a service engineering team, translating customer needs and technical requirements into service architecture.
- Track record in planning and supporting large scale, geo-distributed, high availability enterprise services.
- Track record of translating security requirements to actionable network solutions.
- The ability to deal with ambiguity and a changing environment, as well as a rapid work pace.
- Experience working in an agile environment with high organizational complexity.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.