|Job Type:||Full Time|
Customer Service & Support
- Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
- Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
- If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
In Customer Service and Support, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
- Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
- Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
- Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
- One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
- Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
We are looking for a Technical Advisor with a passion around data analysis, somebody who thrives in high pace environments, and who is comfortable in ambiguous situations while maintaining a high-quality work product.
In the role of the (Service) Technical Advisor (TA) you are responsible for running a variety of quality programs that are all aimed at identifying defects in the support lifecycle that lead to poor customer experience. You are passionate about customer service. You have strong organizational and time management skills. You enjoy analyzing data, reporting on emerging issues and observing trends. Your communication skills are strong and you provide the organization with recommendations for improvements. You diligently follow your observations up with initiating and tracking remediations, all to ensure an improved customer experience.
In this role you will deliver unique value by developing an in depth knowledge of drivers and root causes that lead to negative customer feedback. This role is crucial to the overall success of the support organization. A successful candidate will be outspoken, enjoy collaborating across teams, self-motivated, and thrive in a fast-paced environment and sometimes ambiguous situations.
- 5+ years prior product/customer support experience
- 5+ Six Sigma/Quality Management experience
- 5+ years experience with all Office products, in particular Teams, SharePoint and PowerPoint
- 2+ years high proficiency in ADO, PowerBI, PowerApps, Excel (pivot tables, graphs, charts, etc.)
- High level of analytical thinking – capacity to envision how different scenarios may impact a metric/results, and analyze data to test hypotheses
- Proven experience in running and driving successful project outcomes.
- Excellent business communication skills, both written and verbal, in a variety of contexts – email, phone, IM, in person, 1:1 or 1:many. Presentation/speaking skills are a plus
- Ability to work with and lead virtual teams
- Passion for change and driving improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalents experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.