|Job Type:||Full Time|
NortonLifeLock Inc. (NASDAQ: NLOK) is a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety. NortonLifeLock is dedicated to helping secure the devices, identities, online privacy, and home and family needs of its nearly 50 million consumers, providing them with a trusted ally in a complex digital world. For more information, please visit NortonLifeLock.com or connect with us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , Instagram and YouTube
About the Role:
The Lead Analyst uses analytical skills to solve advanced business problems and deliver insights that guide business policy and enable operational decision making by exercising sound judgement within defined procedures and practices in selecting analysis methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to determine appropriate action. In this role, you will build and maintain forecast and predictive models regarding customers, products, and sales of our consumer subscription business used for business and strategic planning. Some examples of analyses used in this role include cohort retention and churn, annual recurring revenue, and customer lifetime value.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business, customers, products, and key metrics to demonstrate a thorough understanding of business performance.
- Translate business problems and questions into analysis requirements and gather data from multiple sources to complete the analysis.
- Query data from internal systems using SQL scripts, Python, and other data mining tools to consistently analyze business performance, derive insights, identify and monitor key trends, and answer key business questions for senior managers and executives.
- Efficiently and accurately prepare data for analysis, perform extensive QA of data to maintain quality control of final deliverables, and work with data teams to close potential data issues.
- Analyze complex business problems requiring a review of factors to understand customer experience, including but not limited to: customer behavior, drivers, and touch points.
- Create recommendations in the form of reports and data visualizations to support analyses that explain key business trends and drivers.
- Use data and visualizations to tell a story and make recommendations to help acquire new customers, reduce customer attrition, drive product strategy, and grow revenue.
- Efficiently and accurately analyzes monthly and quarterly business reviews for senior managers and executives that answer key business questions.
- Produce actionable insights, suggest recommendations, and influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating findings to cross-functional groups.
- Proactively identify business improvement opportunities through systematic and rigorous analysis.
- An advanced degree and 5 years of experience or a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 7 years of related experience in a quantitative field (MBA, Engineering, Physics, Math, Statistics, Finance, etc.).
- Strong business acumen with strong critical thinking and analysis skills and the ability to use data and metrics to back up business cases, planning, and decisions.
- Extremely high attention to detail, passion for continuous improvement, and operational excellence and commitment to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Hands-on experience with both qualitative and quantitative analysis (e.g. statistical and predictive analysis, cohort analysis, data mining, rate x volume, financial modeling and forecasting around LTV, ARR, churn, and retention).
- Experience with building complex multi-source data sets, and interpreting data to extract insights and demonstrate efficacy and repeatability of analytic findings.
- Effective communication and alignment with stakeholders including peers, technical resources, and senior executives, using strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A desire to experiment with, explore, and organize data to deliver meaningful business narratives.
- Self-motivated and directed individual, strong team player, self-learner, and problem-solver with a passion for delivering actionable insights to key stakeholders.
- Prior work experience on an analytics team in a fast-paced business environment.
- Ability to mine, interpret and analyze datasets and create analytic results.
- Experience with Statistical Programming using R and/or Python.
- Hands-on experience with Tableau (or comparable tool) to create visual data presentations.
- Superior skills with SQL coding to extract data from data warehouse tables.
- Prior experience with Business Objects to organize and report data.
- Highly skilled in Excel (pivot tables, advanced functions, statistics).
- Working knowledge of relational databases and data warehouse principles.
- Experience in preparing Executive Level PowerPoint presentations.
NortonLifeLock is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. NortonLifeLock strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, NortonLifeLock will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.