|Job Type:||Full Time|
NortonLifeLock, the team that brings you the trusted "Norton" security and LifeLock Identity Theft protection, is looking for talented individuals to work on the next generation of industry leading products, technologies and services. Join NortonLifeLock, the world’s security and Identity theft protection leader for consumer software and services and be a part of the team protecting hundreds of millions of customers worldwide. The Affinity Partnerships team at NortonLifeLock partners with large organizations/ companies to promote our products and services to the partners’ customer bases. Existing partners include membership-based organizations to Airlines to Fintech and Payment providers.
A Business Development Executive (BDE) in the Affinity Partnerships team at NortonLifeLock works to develop partnerships with other organizations to reach new customers. We are looking for an organized, self-starting, motivated individual, experienced in developing creative new partnerships. Familiarity with referral-based co-marketing programs is preferred.
Position Overview: The BDE role requires the talents of an experienced business development manager, account manager, as well as an internal project manager. Your role will be to identify and win new partners to refer NortonLifeLock products for their subscribers/customers/members.
You will work closely with the senior leadership team along with Sales Engineering and the implementation manager to identify, win and onboard new partners. You will have quarterly goals that are focused on bringing net new wins to the team.
- Identify and evaluate new potential partners based on the Affinity team business strategy, including cultivating new opportunities, responding to requests from potential partners, evaluating partnership opportunities, and concluding partnership deals.
- Ensure key leaders within partner organizations are engaged and in support of partnership plans
- Educate partners on what success looks like, ensure they are able to provide the necessary support
- Keep potential partners informed about NortonLifeLock’s evolving product strategy and how it impacts pending negotiations. Especially critical for partnerships with a long sales cycle.
- Acts as the primary liaison for potential new partners and works across internal teams to finalize deliverables, ensure internal alignment and execute programs.
- Leverage internal resources to assist with the partner evaluation process – lead our team and ensure partner is also engaging key stakeholders within their organization
- Works closely with prospective and existing partners to identify and develop products and services and ensure successful launches.
- Work cross functionally along with the business operations team to present and win support/approvals for new deals.
- Works with internal legal teams to negotiate and close licensing and revenue sharing agreements.
- Post launch, maintain an ongoing relationship with partner’s leadership while our affinity partner account team takes on the day to day go to market strategy, planning and execution.
- Well experienced in Affinity/Referral marketing, with excellent knowledge of Affiliate and Integrated partnerships.
- Experience growing or developing new Affinity businesses, either in a business development or sales role.
- Well versed in numbers and be able to analyze business performance and ROI.
- Team player who will engage with internal and partner resources to develop accurate forecasts for potential partnerships
- Have a fair technical knowledge of online platforms and have a working understanding of tracking and reporting technologies.
- Proficient in analyzing market trends and competitive landscapes.
- Ability to work efficiently across teams and be able to influence without owning.
- Positive attitude with the ability to turn challenges into opportunities.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years’ business development experience working with affiliate networks or digital partnerships.
- Exhibit a professional demeanor, business maturity, and confidence to present to C-level executives.
- Ability to work collaboratively with different internal stakeholders to deliver on client needs.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g. Salesforce).
- Ability to travel 30-50% of the time in a post COVID environment.
NortonLifeLock is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. NortonLifeLock strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, NortonLifeLock will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.