|Location:||Culver City, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
NortonLifeLock Inc. (NASDAQ: NLOK) is a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety. NortonLifeLock is dedicated to helping secure the devices, identities, online privacy, and home and family needs of its nearly 50 million consumers, providing them with a trusted ally in a complex digital world. For more information, please visit NortonLifeLock.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
About the Role:
We are looking for a senior UX copy editor who is passionate about style, clarity, and consistency. We are the NortonLifeLock Global Product Design group, and we design software, apps, websites, and services that protect people’s identities, finances, and data at home, in business, and wherever their digital lives lead them.
The Global Product Design group’s philosophy is that the user experience (UX) and every user interface (UI) must be aesthetically pleasing as well as intuitively functional, resulting in customer delight. We always design to be best in class and to exceed expectations.
Your role in this effort: Provide clear, accurate, and consistent copy that gives customers only the information they need, when they need it, in a voice that is unmistakably NortonLifeLock. You will help ensure copy quality and consistency within each product and across the entire product line.
- Write, edit, and proof all UI copy for the NortonLifeLock product line.
- Work with UX designers, product managers, developers, and engineers to develop optimal product flow and copy.
- Ensure that copy in all products adheres to NortonLifeLock style.
- Collaborate with the legal and localization teams to finalize copy.
- Help maintain the group copy style guide.
- Report to and support the Editor in Chief.
- At least five years of experience writing and editing copy for consumer-interactive environments (software, apps, web, etc.)
- Four-year degree in English or related field or equivalent professional experience
- An eye for detail along with a command of the big picture
- Familiarity with style guides like Chicago, Apple, and Google, and with consumer tech industry language
- Excellent research, organizational, and content management skills
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders with different points of view
- Deep empathy for the customer
NortonLifeLock is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. NortonLifeLock strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, NortonLifeLock will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.