|Location:||Mountain View, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- As a Principal Software Development Engineer, you will join a team that builds popular, best-in-class identity theft products.
- Responsible to lead major initiatives, shipping high quality solutions. Comfortable with handling the complete release life cycle, taking the app from concept to publishing to the store.
- Participate in Agile development activities including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives and demos.
- Exercise good architectural discernment in developing software and test automation.
- Participate in peer code / design / test reviews and be receptive to fellow authorities helping you improve your craft.
- Good debugging and problem solving both individually and in a team.
- 5+ years of industry experience developing native Android applications.
- 1+ years of industry experience with Kotlin and RxJava.
- Experience with JSON and consuming REST API.
- Generalist Engineer with ability to work outside your comfort zone.
- Solid grasp of algorithms, memory management, object-oriented programming, concurrent programming.
- Possess good analytical skills to be able to isolate issues in complex environments, especially in mobile technology.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal interpersonal skills. Ability to collaborate with multi-functional teams – Product, Design, Platform, QA
- Experience in crafting scalable UI frameworks.
- Interest in Security/Identity theft domain.
- Expertise with Continuous Integration (Jenkins).
NortonLifeLock is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. NortonLifeLock strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, NortonLifeLock will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.