|Job Type:||Full Time|
NortonLifeLock Inc. (NASDAQ: NLOK) is a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety. NortonLifeLock is dedicated to helping secure the devices, identities, online privacy, and home and family needs of its nearly 50 million consumers, providing them with a trusted ally in a complex digital world. For more information, please visit NortonLifeLock.com or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
About the Role:
The Senior Accountant is the primary process owner for numerous general ledger accounts and is responsible for accurate and timely month-end close activities. The role works directly with internal and external auditors and has ownership to maintain and improve key processes and controls. The Senior Accountant collaborates cross functionally with other teams and business leaders and assists with special projects. This person should be versatile, motivated, a strong communicator and a strong collaborator. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Verify, record and reconcile various GL account transactions and balances related to Bonuses, Severance, Leases, Equity Investments, etc.
- Support month-end and year-end close processes. Identify opportunities for process improvements and drive implementation of solutions.
- Assist with internal and external audits. Maintain ongoing compliance with GAAP principles and SOX controls.
- Prepare and review support for SEC filings (Form 10-Q, 10-K, etc) as well as additional reporting for cross functional business partners.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, provide technical support and guidance.
- Engage in special projects as opportunities arise.
- Work with Accounting Manager and Technical Accounting on various matters for guidance and implementation of proper accounting treatment.
- 3+ years of experience in a related function; Big-4 experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field and equivalent work experience. CPA is a plus
- Advanced Excel skills and month-end close experience is required
- Experience with financial databases and major ERP systems; Oracle, Hyperion Essbase and Business Objects experience preferred with the ability to extract and analyse data
- Strong organizational and problem resolution skills, ability to work with diverse groups
- Ability to multitask, work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively
- Experience in driving process improvement
- Ability to work independently and a strong team player
NortonLifeLock is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. NortonLifeLock strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, NortonLifeLock will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.