|Location:||Culver City, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a NortonLifeLock Agile Software Development Engineer, you'll be part of a team that creates popular market-leading mobile security products, while engaging in activities such as:
- Participating in Agile ceremonies, including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives and demos.
- Creating working software and automated tests each sprint.
- Quickly and efficiently designing, implementing, and testing high-quality mobile software.
- Exercisng good architectural judgment.
- Improving your team’s design, coding, and testing skills through peer reviews.
- Problem solving and debugging, both as an individual and as part of a team.
- Developing tools with clear documentation to enable easy use by others.
- Improving code quality through static analysis and automated tests.
- Advancing your team through continual improvement.
- Presenting and demoing completed work in a clear and concise manner.
- Fostering an environment of technical excellence to help grow your team.
- 2 years of industry experience
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and technically challenging environment
- Solid software engineering skills, with strong competencies in algorithm development, software design, data structures, and the client-server model
- Good problem-solving skills, with an ability to isolate issues in complex environments, especially those unique to mobile
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Good at collaborating within a team
- Fast-learning and self-starting with intellectual horsepower
- Driven by doing work that matters—making the world more secure
- Experience with unit testing frameworks
- Deep technical knowledge of Android application development and testing
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Published app for Android is preferred
- Experience with automated unit, acceptance, and UI testing
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum
- Experience with Continuous Integration and CI tools such as Jenkins
NortonLifeLock is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. NortonLifeLock strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, NortonLifeLock will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.