|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking for opportunities to deliver innovations to a billion users that improves their daily life? Do you want to be part of a fast-cycle, high visibility and hardcore full-stack engineering team with ambitious goals? We are hiring extremely talented, highly motivated and productive developers with expertise in user experience, full stack engineering, natural language processing, and large scale distributed computation.
As a part of Microsoft Experience and Devices Division, we are the Natural Languages Experience team, sitting at the intersection between experience, intelligence, data and system. We are building products touching hundreds of millions of users in daily basis, generating multiple billions of hours of usage and tens of millions of Office documents months basis across all kinds of devices.
Our team is responsible for energizing the next generation of Office productivity experiences with the power of aggregated big data, artificial intelligence and large-scale cloud computing. On top of that, we are aggressively evolving Office experience toward language processing, editing and intelligence aided task completion for effective reading, writing and designing documents in Microsoft Office.
Our goal is to delight our users by boosting their productivity and improving the quality of their creation. Our core drivers are large scale machine learning, including DNN and RNN based technologies, along with analyzing, inferring and experimenting with truly big data. Creating user experiences across web, mobile, PC and Mac that are designed to be powered by AI and re-enforcement learning. As part of the team, you would be driving intelligence experience projects through their entire life-cycle from idea creation through implementation, experimentation and finally to world-wide availability. Our team have offices in multiple worldwide locations, including Redmond Washington, Serbia, Dublin and also closely collaborate with Microsoft AI and Research on many joint innovations.
We are looking for strong, motivated, results-oriented Engineering manager to help drive the design and implementation of the next wave of Office productivity experience innovations.
We are primarily looking for Engineering manager, who can lead teams to build both the infrastructure and experiences, on top Office technology stacks to support experiences which will surface on many different canvases. Members on the team value a manager who prioritizes diversity and inclusion. The EM should look to improve problem solving, design, coding and debugging skills of the team. We value passion, creativity, accountability and the desire to explore and learn new technologies.
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in CS/EE or related areas is required. 8+ years’ experience in software engineering and algorithm with technical leadership experience.
- Strong ability and effectiveness working in a significant technical problem domain, in the term of plan, design, execution, continuous release and service operation.
- Passionate and self-motivated.
- Ability to effectively work in collaborative multiple project team environment and lead a team ship production features in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Customer/End results/Metrics driven in design and development.
- Strong ability in self-learning, entering new domain, managing through uncertainty in an innovative team environment
- 3+ years managing a team of software engineers.
- Experience in machine learning, data mining, information retrieval, natural language processing, graph computation, and large scale distributed computation.
- Experiences in the areas of online services such as search, online advertisement, recommendation systems, HTML5 development, Azure, AWS or other main cloud services, are strong pluses.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.