|Job Type:||Full Time|
In order for Microsoft to deliver ground-breaking technologies for consumers and enterprises every day, equally ground-breaking security software engineering work is being completed by DevOps teams across Microsoft. The Crypto Services team is delivering complex and highly available online services both in Azure and in on-premises solutions, pioneering ways to deliver cryptographic services involved in key management, signing, and other critical highly secured services to internal and external customers that touch nearly every part of Microsoft.
As a security focused DevOps team, we are passionate about the big picture and customer impact. How each individual part of the service offering works and its place in relation to everyone else’s services in the ultimate goal of a smooth and secure end-user experience with Microsoft’s products and how we can improve every part, every day. We build best-in-class first-party crypto services and tooling while we architect, maintain, and troubleshoot complex end-to-end licensing and signing offerings for our customers. Retaining our security-first posture presents a unique challenge for our team, requiring a skillset beyond knowledge of a typical Software Development, IT, or Security toolset, but a fascinating combination of all three.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Principal Security Software Engineer to join our team in Redmond.
- Architect and lead the detailed design of the next generation of cryptographic services for licensing, key management, signing, and more. Tasks will include development of brand-new services, re-architecture of existing services, and driving natively integrated end-to-end solutions
- Software engineering leadership as a Principal member of a team transitioning to a DevOps model
- Build in-depth telemetry and monitoring solutions for large scale mission critical services
- A strong desire to mentor less senior Developers and Site Reliability Engineers with decades of differing services experiences
- Help to foster a healthy and inclusive team environment
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or other technical degree AND 8+ years of relevant software engineering experience OR 10+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- 8+ years of relevant software engineering experience in collaborative development environments such as Azure DevOps, GitHub, etc. in large scale mission critical services where security, compliance, and risk management are key requirements
- 8+ years of demonstrated coding skills in one or more popular languages and platforms, including C#, Java, C++, and others, with the ability to pick up new languages, platforms, and frameworks quickly
- Azure development and deployment experience, including any of PaaS, IaaS, Serverless, and Container solutions
- In-depth application service-level end-to-end troubleshooting and customer experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as a mentorship “teach first” attitude
- Masters of Science in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering
- Proven experience working in environments with high standards for physical and logical security including work with HSMs and/or technologies such as Azure Key Vault and Azure Confidential Computing
- Working knowledge of DevOps, DRI models, as well as Agile methodologies
- One or more related certifications such as CISSP, GSEC, MCSE/MCSD, ISSAP, or GCIA
- Experience/Knowledge of Software/Hardware Supply Chain issues and security concerns
- Strong project management skills and proven ability to drive projects to completion
- PKI lifecycle management experience
- Demonstrated strengths in core network and host systems technologies including security monitoring and analysis and experience with host-based security technologies and controls
- Ability to participate in periodic Directly Responsible Individual (DRI) as part of service support model
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.