|Job Type:||Full Time|
Does High Performance Computing excite you? Do you love cutting edge technology in Cloud Computing? Do you like working in a fast-paced organization with rapid and huge business growth? If so, then the Microsoft Azure Compute’s HPC team may be the place for you.
We are seeking a strong Software Engineer to lead and develop new features and support for HPC clusters on which Microsoft Azure operates. The ideal candidate will have a passion for new technology and understand what it takes to onboard new hardware/software technology in a zero-downtime environment. You will build end to end automated monitoring, diagnostics, and tooling for HPC customer workloads, focusing on the interconnect of both ethernet and InfiniBand and hardware accelerators such as GPU/FPGA/ASIC. You will learn about the design decision that affect operations at a global scale and deliver new features and functionality that takes advantage of the newest technology in the server hardware space to deliver new product offerings for our customers.
If being part of Azure Core and HPC excites you then come and work with us to build the platform for the cloud to power the future of computing!
To learn more about Azure High Performance Computing and products we are offering, please visit: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/solutions/high-performance-computing/
The cloud is at the core of Microsoft's future, and the Azure Operating System is at the core of Microsoft's cloud platform. We are a growing team responsible for delivering the Compute platform for Microsoft Azure. As a Software Engineer working in the Azure Operating System team, your mission will be to ensure Azure platform is performing reliably, always available, consistent performance, can scale on-demand, and engineered to withstand the unparalleled computing demand from the customer workloads.
- BS / MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience in developing software coding in C/C++
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with low-level integration of CPU/GPU/FPGA/ASICs
- Solid hands-on experience with SW/HW debug and diagnostics
- Networking protocol expertise (Ethernet and/or InfiniBand)
- Proven HW testing and integration skill with automation at scale mindset.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Genuine interest in analyzing, debugging, and developing for hyper scale workloads.
- Ability to work with multiple partner teams and external vendors to drive the impact.
- Excellent interpersonal and group dynamic skills
- BS or MS or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux internals.
- Deeply familiar with system interfaces (PCIe/I2C/etc)
- Experience with Cloud Computing, and Passion with New Technologies
- HPC and Hyper-scale experiences is a plus.
- Understanding of Virtualization concepts (HyperV, SR-IOV) is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.