|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azure Edge + Platform brings together Edge platforms, devices, and services to deliver Edge solutions, operating systems, and engineering systems. Driven by its customers’ needs, Azure Edge + Platform seeks to accelerate growth for Azure, E&D, and Microsoft’s customers worldwide.
The organization’s portfolio spans the Cloud Edge Stack, Azure Engineering Systems, Azure Media Services - for end-to-end media workflow and analytics - and Microsoft’s Operating Systems including the Azure Host OS and Windows. This portfolio impressively powers the world with more than one billion monthly active devices.
Accurate asset data is the foundation of all operational data insights work, it is also key in responding to security incidents, and maintaining compliance. The Fleet Insights and management (FIM) team plays a critical role by ensuring timely, accurate, and comprehensive data stream availability to meet many business-critical requirements. This team’s larger mission is to improve Microsoft Azure and other services’ availability, reliability, security, and resultant customer satisfaction by creating and leveraging trusted data, models, and insights on top of the foundational service.
The insights produced by the FIM system enable Microsoft to meet critical business requirements (Security, Compliance, Capacity planning, Buildout, Operations and more) and are critical to the future success of Microsoft's Cloud Business. You will provide technical leadership, help architect, design, and develop the big data pipeline that supports immense growth of Microsoft's world-class planetary scale. You will help drive the quality of our system and code up by leading technical design and code reviews. You will evaluate internal and external technologies as we scale out our current system to handle orders or magnitude more data streams than it currently does. This is an opportunity to make an impact on the global inventory system for the largest Cloud infrastructure on the planet.
- BS in Computer Science or 4 years of equivalent IT work experience
- 6+ years of experience as a software engineer, coding in an object-oriented programming language such as Java, C# or C++.
- Experience with Big Data ingestion, storage, and distributed processing pipelines (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, Azure Data Lake)
- At least 3 years of experience developing and owning production quality, scalable software services and/or Big Data ingestion and processing pipelines.
- Experience with Cloud Storage technologies
- Experience designing / building / shipping / operating production software services
- Passion for designing, building, and trouble-shooting large-scale distributed systems
- Great design and problem-solving skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence
- Demonstrable ability to own and deliver projects and results of increasing technical complexity
- Strong leadership, ownership, urgency, and drive to launch services
- Effective collaborator, experienced in creating technical partnerships across teams
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Screen: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.