|Job Type:||Full Time|
How many of your friends can say they work on something thathas the potential toimpact one billion peopledailyaround the world? Do you want to workin one ofMicrosoft’s key consumer growth areas that even your family will want to know about? Are you intosolving big challenges thatwill make the lives of your friends and family better?Are you into shopping? Are youcurious,smart, strategic, enthusiastic,analytical,and tenacious? If you answered yes to all of the above, we may have a role for you in our Modern Life, Search and Devices Product Marketing Management Team.
Modern Life, Search and Devicesbringstogether many of our consumer services and devices to develop solutions for ourusers.Bing, the Microsoft search engine,togetherwith Microsoft Edge, our web browser, are the wayour userssearch, browseand navigatethe web.Our Content Services, MSN and Microsoft News, are also integral parts of ourofferingthat bring 4500+ premium global publications to our ecosystem. Our product marketing management team is responsible for bringing together all of these amazing assets, combining the best of the web withbest of premium content, anddefiningthe target audiences, value propositions, product roadmaps and feature prioritizations.
In this role, you will be responsible for helping the engineering teams plan and prioritize featuresthat deliver unifiedsearch, content, and webexperiences that span shopping,sports, and other categorieson Windows and mobile.
With the goal of drivingrevenue anddaily active use of our experiences inresponsible ways, wewill be entrusting you with the following responsibilities:
- Develop value propositions and product marketing strategy to grow share and revenue
- Define a holistic view of our target audience segments for our shopping assets
- Drive market research (Unmet needs, jobs to be done, opportunity analysis, benchmarks and experiments, etc.)
- Partner on ideation, defining user experience, and product planning to align to value prop and priorities
- Build comprehensive product roadmap and experience briefs
- Craft overarching narrative for products
- Drive workstreams focused on user satisfaction and retention
- Be a trusted advisor to engineering and marketing partners
- Anticipate potential obstacles and proactively work to deliver solutions
- Ensure accurate and meaningful product representation in marketing
We are looking for a seasonedmarketing professionalwho isdetailed oriented yet agileand can see the big picture;a strong collaboratorwho can work across teams;and an action-orientedstrategist who can take insights and turn them into actions.In this highly visible role, you are insightful and persuasive in strategizing with various businessand engineeringstakeholders,advising and partnering withthem to bring to life amazing consumer experiences.
- 3-5 years of marketing experience working on consumer software and/or webexperiences(in product marketing, partnerships, or program/productmanagement)
- Be able to think creatively about customer problems and generate innovative solutions and energy through storytelling
- Have aprofound sense of accountabilitywith anability to influence, inspire internal and external teams and organizations.
- Ability to deal with ambiguitywhileworking across complex organizations
- Exceptional organizational, planning, and project/program management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team player with a positive work ethic
- Passion forshopping!
- Must be solution-oriented with excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.