|Job Type:||Full Time|
Seeking a finance role that is at the forefront of looking across the Global Sales, Marketing and Operations (GSMO) business? Keen on working with and learning from finance teams in the Field and at Corporate? Energized by teamwork and playing an integral role in helping leaders see beyond the numbers? If yes, come and join us! We are looking for an energetic, self-starter, and experienced hands-on analytics person who will drive business insight for the GSMO Finance Leadership.
In Global Sales Marketing and Operations (GSMO) Finance, we are driving shareholder value in 60 subsidiaries and carry the local accountability for the financials as well as statutory and compliance matters across all Microsoft commercial segments and products. GSMO HQ Finance team is a group of finance professionals who analyze the Microsoft business models across countries, channels, and product groups on a daily basis. Our responsibilities range from financial analysis, transformational analysis, pricing & licensing analysis, investment analysis, and competitive analysis to forecasting, planning, and whitespace identification. We help business partners make strategic decisions through educating, driving and implementing financial thinking around revenue today and business models for the future. We drive thought leadership on how to measure success for Microsoft in the Software, Services and Hardware ecosystems.
- Land the company vision around the transformation of our business and customer orientation in the subsidiaries and externally.
- Drive strategic resource allocation and investments through local insights, ensuring optimal returns aligned with our worldwide strategy. Key focus is on New Business and consumption with an industry and workload perspective.
- Build trust to lay the foundation of long-term growth from a customer and shareholder point of view in a compliant way
- Empower and inspire our people to lead and be part of high performing impactful teams while providing diverse career opportunities.
This Finance Manager Commercial Business Insight position provides a great opportunity to work with the GSMO HQ Finance Team and Area 14 finance teams to oversee Microsoft Commercial revenue worldwide, leveraging a broad skillset ranging from analysis, modeling, and forecasting to collaboration and problem solving. The candidate will also work very closely with key finance stakeholders to identify simplification in processes & reinvent tools for our Forecast and Budgeting exercises as we look to deliver best in class accuracy in our forecasting approach with enhanced tools which would be leveraged for both processes in the future.
To thrive in this position, you should:
Lead the Forecast Tool Transformation
- Modernize the Forecasting tools (PxQ and Pipe-based) for the GSMO organization (Field and HQ team) through maintain, improve, simplify, and update for upcoming cycles and automation. Build the Roadmap and Northstar for Forecasting Revenue at Microsoft.
- Land the Tools modernization and adoption with Field Finance community. Support with community calls and trainings as well as clear communications.
- Elevate the feedback, influence, and clearly articulate to Central Finance and Dev teams to incorporate Tools enhancements in an agile method.
- Partner with multiple groups to include and integrate along the way.
- Develop the right KPIs and drivers to review and discuss Forecasts Accuracy and trends.
Adjusted Revenue Accountability for WW GSMO Finance
- Own the E2E process and analysis on Adjusted revenue performance, including Close and Forecast. Providing the numbers and analysis to drive the External Guidance for Microsoft CFO and Investor Relations Team.
- Develop Deferral calculator expertise to ensure AGR lands as planned and according to Rev Rec complexity and external reporting requirements.
- As part of Monthly close process, report back to GSMO CFO on Forecast accuracy progress and bring pricing levels/contracts analysis to support the results.
- Partner with the CSEO team to land new methods of looking at revenue (One Commercial Revenue) as well as how to embed in forecasting and budgeting methodologies.
- Centralize AGR work for FY22 in GSMO HQ vs. Area 14
- Develop the Models to allow Multi subs Areas to cascade down the target directionally to their subregions with minimal input required. Using advance technology and methods
- Build the Tools roadmap for future years and converge forecast and planning.
- Develop Compete analytics (share) as part of Budgeting and Forecasting method.
- 8+ years of demonstrated financial analysis work experience.
- Demonstrate Passion for complex systems and influencing key forecast/budget/reporting tools
- Very strong spreadsheet competency with Excel and modeling required. Knowledge of MS Finance tools (e.g., MS Sales, Mercury, Nexus) is a significant asset.
- Ability to manipulate large amount of data and get the meaningful insights. Previous experience with Machine Learning models a strong plus.
- Very strong interpersonal skills (written and oral) and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of levels of personnel. Deep commitment to building strong partnerships is required.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- Excellent organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects and competing tasks/priorities.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, or Statistics. An MBA or CPA is highly valued
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.