|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Houston, Texas, Miami, Florida, Orlando, Florida, Tampa, Florida|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Design is a driving force in radically transforming any experience. Are you looking for a challenge that encompasses a broad set of design requirements and the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative and passionate environment?
Microsoft Enterprise Services (ES) is seeking a talented User Experience (UX) Architect with strong interaction and visual design skills with the proven ability to conceive and articulate design solutions by mapping a customer’s business problem to an extensible and usable information architecture.
As a UX Architect you will be creative, open-minded, and have strong communication skills. You will work closely with customers, partners, and other Microsoft teams to drive success. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
- This position will primarily cover South America and thus requires a fluent Spanish speaker. This role involves a strong focus on pre-sales activities as well as project-level UX design oversight.
- This role requires the ability to engage in effective dialog with senior-level business and technology decision makers, a focus on the development of customer business agility and business value, and deep experience with User Experience design.
- UX Architects are key enablers for other consultants and partner staff and have a passion for the customer which is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a UX/Interaction Designer in a product, web, mobile, agency, or large enterprise company.
- 3+ years of experience facilitating design thinking processes and user research techniques.
- Must be fluent in Spanish.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically solve complex design problems.
- Proven experience estimating, scoping, and writing effective statements of work that clearly set customer expectations.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to lead customer workshops to gather requirements and feedback on deliverables.
Desired Design Skills:
- Proven Figma, Sketch, Principle, Adobe Design Suite, and other design software in Mac and PC environments. Experience prototyping interactions.
- Experience with design project oversight through the entire project lifecycle - including managing multi-phase/multi-dimensional/multi-resource projects to conclusion while maintaining high customer satisfaction.
- Ability to design user interfaces within technical constraints while leveraging and maximizing technical features
- Experience with all stages of product development - concept, wireframes, design iterations, production, and QA.
- Cross-platform experience - desktop, tablet and mobile. A strong portfolio is critical for this role, both in terms of demonstrating your experience and as an example of your ability to create a compelling design presentation.
- Work samples that show both strong interaction and visual design proficiency.
- Your portfolio should highlight your experience in UX and interaction design, particularly where simplicity and ease of use were a major concern. We would like to see a diversity of projects and a solid collection of outcomes and deliverables (flows, mockups, and prototypes), with demonstrations of the design and thought process behind each project.
- Travel is an integral part of this position as are elevated levels of recognition and visibility. Travel can be as high as 75% as is demanded by the needs of our customers and our business.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.