|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in leading a team, creating, and working on strategic disruptive initiatives that grow our revenue and profits? We’re looking for a leader who is passionate about consumer products and businesses, has a strong analytical background in strategic planning or strategy consulting and who is comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty in driving decisions and recommendations across diverse stakeholders. We work on complex business problems, develop executable strategic plans, drive action across teams, drive primary and secondary research, leverage internal and external data to inform consumer insights and recommendations. If you are someone who is passionate about driving strategic and disruptive growth and solving complex problems, we want to talk to you. In this role as a Strategy Lead, you will be part of the Edge + Bing Business Planning team and be directly involved in strategic projects that drive user engagement, monetization across Edge and Bing.
Our Team: We take pride in our work and the impact we drive on the business both in the short and long term. We have the advantage of looking at the business end to end and objectively develop recommendations geared to grow the business. We work hard, but always find time for some fun. You will find support anywhere across the team – when you are stuck or even when you just feel like talking to someone. We celebrate our achievements together, and root for each other’s success. In short, we love coming to work every day and tackling tough problems along with folks who are passionate about this space. Type of skills you can expect to develop / hone in this role: Strategic Thinking, Quantitative Modeling, Business Case Development, Exec communication / Presenting to Senior Leaders, working with diverse teams.
Specific areas / projects could include:
- Lead strategy development through identifying and sizing emerging disruptions & adjacent opportunities, identify the right path forward for Microsoft to win in these spaces.
- Build business cases to influence investment decisions, 3rd party partnerships, strategic deals, product, and marketing decisions.
- Create and maintain business plans and forecasts that involve deep data analysis and complex financial modeling.
- Develop deep insights into users and the market landscape around monetization on connected devices (PC, Tablets, Phones, IoT etc.). Build new business models and drive strategic analysis to support these models.
- Run customer research and market research to understand trends, use cases. Identify opportunities and develop business cases for investments.
- Develop pricing strategies for new products and services.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across marketing, engineering, finance, and data sciences.
- Create and deliver materials, synthesize details into an effective story and present to partners at all levels of the organization.
- 10 years+ of experience in either strategy consulting or product marketing, management, finance, or related field.
- Team leadership / management experience strongly preferred.
- BS/BA degree required. MBA or equivalent preferred but not required.
- Experience in business models, forecasting, economic / statistical models. Attention to detail and ability to meet multiple objectives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to frame and structure ambiguous problems to actionable insights and land recommendations to move business forward.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are required to drive projects, collaborate with partners and generate support / buy-in for key projects.
- Ability to work with and influence cross-functional teams across engineering, product and finance groups.
- A good working knowledge of various business models, and internet consumer behavior is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.