|Location:||Chevy Chase, Maryland, Reston, Virginia, Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Join us to help empower and transform the US government!
As an MCS Azure Specialist (Azure SSSP) for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, you are a senior business leader within our Federal sales organization, working with our most important customers. You will lead a virtual team of resources to help customers realize digital transformation through cloud computing. A core competency of the role is to drive and close Microsoft Consulting Services Azure opportunities to enable customer outcomes and drive Azure cloud consumption. The Azure SSSP leverages Microsoft Consulting Services’ unique expertise, including direct access to product teams, to help customers use Microsoft investments productively.
Key accountabilities include:
Plan & Execute as One Microsoft to Enable Customer Outcomes - leveraging Azure MCS Modernization scenarios & sales motions to proactively plan & sell, working closely with the account team
Close Deals Through Effective Leadership of Deal Team - owning MCS Azure Applications, Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Security opportunities end to end, leveraging appropriate account & pre-sales roles to bring the best resources to ensure customer satisfaction & deal success
Meet or Exceed Revenue Targets, Maintaining Sales Hygiene & Deal Excellence - executing discipline in lead management, opportunity qualification, close planning, pipeline hygiene, forecasting & deal commitment.
- Proven success and expertise selling cloud solutions to the US Federal Government
- Microsoft Azure solutions subject matter expertise, including: Data scenarios, Security Solutions, BOT framework & Cognitive Services, Business Process Mapping & App Dev approach, including tools, use of Agile Methodology & Azure Cloud Platform
- Track record of consistently meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Demonstrable sales hygiene & deal excellence discipline, using sales methods, processes, and tools
- Sales and business background, with 5+ years of technology-related experience
- Bachelor’s degree with exposure to Information Technology (or equivalent)
- Track record of selling Microsoft Azure solutions and/or professional services to the U.S. Government
- DHS mission experience and relationships
- DHS procurement experience and relationships
Capabilities & Skills Profile
- Sales Driver - Ability to: Purposefully Plan & Influence Stakeholders & Decision-Makers. Skilled in Sales Planning to meet revenue & consumption targets, Relationship Building & Social Selling
- Challenger Seller - Ability to: Influence Business & Technical Decision Makers. Skilled in creating cases for customer change & translating value propositions & solutions into Customer business outcomes
- Sales Expert - Ability to: Articulate Azure Subject Matter Expertise. Skilled in communicating value propositions, executing defined sales motions & leveraging priority sales scenarios to meet customer needs
- Deal Leader - Ability to: Lead a deal team to ensure success, work in partnership across multiple virtual teams & meet or exceed revenue targets. Skilled in Role Orchestration, Sales Process (0-100% lifecycle), Negotiation, Sales Hygiene & Deal Excellence (Lead Management, Opportunity Qualification, Close Planning, Pipeline Hygiene & Forecasting)
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Candidates must be willing to obtain and maintain an active US Secret clearance or higher.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.