|Job Type:||Full Time|
How do you help 1B+ users become more engaged and happier with your product, and more likely to purchase it? Out of a sea of possible changes our users are asking for and we are dreaming up, what should we tackle next? Do you want to help shape the future of Windows Core User Experience, by helping direct where investments should happen? Does the thought of being able to influence the product in each stage of the lifecycle through data and insights excite, you very much? If so, we want to talk to you! As the leader in the Data and Applied Sciences team for the Windows, Developers and Experience team you will lead a team that leverages Data Sciences to answer key business and product questions.
You will lead a group of talented Data Applied Scientists to identify and evaluate investment opportunities, and understand their potential impact to provide clear large scale business insights that direct our investment portfolio. In this role, you will partner across Product Software Engineering, Program Management, Marketing, Data Engineers, User Research, and Data Applied Scientists in defining key metrics, measuring baseline & forecasting, generating data-driven hypothesis and driving impact towards achieving growth for these key objectives and results, ultimately resulting in better products for our customers and business. As our organization and the constituent disciplines continue to be more data driven, you will be the spiritual leader of our evolution to leveraging data sciences into our decision making and will need to be able to influence senior leaders to help adopt data in each phase of their work.
You will be a key member of the Windows, Developers and Experiences Engineering, Data & Applied Sciences organization. You will have the opportunity to take a leadership role in both driving data science initiatives across the team and in continuing to transform the culture of the organization into one that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging for all employees. You and your team will also be helping build and maintain reporting and tracking to detail the performance of our investment portfolio starting with initial experimentation through broad availability. This data will represent key business metrics that might be used to make important financial decisions and therefore need to be extremely reliable and auditable.
In particular, this leader should have:
- Product Analytics / Applied Data Science Skills: Be a strong Product Intelligence leader who can apply Scientific and Statistical methods towards answering key business questions with quality data-driven answers, as well as generate statistically sound hypothesis for business growth.
- Team Leadership Skills: Be a great coach, model values of Respect, Integrity, Accountability for the team, while creating an inclusive, fun and supportive environment where every employee can do their best. Generate Energy, Provide Clarity and Deliver Great Results through a high performing team and have a positive impact on team morale and work climate.
- Technical Leadership Skills:Be a strong data leader with experience in EDA, Inference analysis, Predictive analysis (Regression, Classification etc.), Forecasting, Experimentation, layered with business acumen to apply the right methodologies for the product and customer.Acquire and use broad knowledge of innovative methods, algorithms, and tools from within Microsoft and from the scientific literature and applies his or her own analysis of scalability and applicability to the formulated problem.
- StrategicLeadership and Judgement:Set strategic direction and plan of execution based on insights gained through data analysis to drive meaningful business results. Provide thought leadership and foster data driven culture in the organization. Be a discipline leader, leading the strategic direction, mentorship, and career growth of Applied Data Sciences Teams.
- Planning and Execution: Effectively plan and communicate with partners, and co-workers to define deliverables, timelines, and responsibilities. Dig into details while managing the bigger picture of delivering impact. Drive a rhythm so that the team operates at a high level, knowledge is shared appropriately, and smooth execution is facilitated. Has a growth mindset, is customer-obsessed and can influence product strategy and execution with data and insights.
- Communication and Collaboration: Be a great communicator and collaborator to foster fantastic relationships with partners across Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, User Researchand beyond.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or another quant-focused field.
- 3+ years of team management experience including hiring, developing and retaining high performing talent.
- 5+ years of experience with applying Data Science & Analytics to make products better for business and customers through hypothesis-driven, problem-solving orientation, and effective use of both quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- 3+ years of experience of building predictive models for business and proficiency in model development and model validation.
- Hands-On Experience in SQL, R or Python for Data Analytics, Power BI or similar visualization tools, and managing Data Ingestion pipelines highly desired.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.