|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
As part of the Business Applications & Services (BAS) SAP team, you will be personally involved in leading the designing, configuring and realization of business requirements & features that enable our mission critical OEM and Volume Licensing partners. You will work closely with peers across teams (inside IT and across the company) to help build flexible and high-performing Enterprise Resource Platform (ERP) features aligned to the OEM and Volume Licensing lines of business as well as Business Process Monitoring to enable the next generation of business services. This is a data-driven and fast paced environment - where Software Engineers are empowered to innovate and take ideas from conception to scale. It is a great opportunity to work on something highly strategic to Microsoft!
The individual hired for this position will be a senior design lead on a team charged with implementing SAP system solutions for Sales and Distribution & Finance business processes. The team focusses on one or more of the following areas of SAP: Convergent Charging/Convergent Invoicing(CC/CI), Financials(FI), Sales and Distribution (SD), Materials Management (MM) modules of R/3; these are the core capabilities that enable Microsoft's eCommerce exchanges with customers and vendors. The team is responsible for supporting a broad spectrum of enterprise business processes, ranging from Online Services, OEM, Volume Licensing, Digital Distribution, Product Planning, and Services.
This person will be responsible driving designs and best practices for a team of software engineering FTEs that support the capabilities and the POR for the Commerce Volume Licensing and OEM businesses.
- Collaborate – effectively partner with globally dispersed Business and Engineering stakeholders to clearly articulate business outcomes and objectives
- Define and Design SAP Product and Service- create design options for SAP feature areas
- Manage new Feature requests – engage in demand intake and prioritization with business and partners, coordinate work estimation, project planning and execution, risk mitigation and communication for service delivery
- Lead – engineering team through monthly agile development cycles and monthly/quarterly release cycles.
- Partner – liaison with Service Line, Architecture and Program management leads to ensure solutions meet business outcomes and objectives
- Manage Suppliers-contribute to supplier strategy and supplier management, drive cost optimization and value maximization in partnership with Supplier Strategy Office and Supplier Companies
- Be Compliant – ensure team’s activities adhere to strict SOX controls related to SDLC
- Champion – advocate, mentor and help mature team members in the Scrum Agile Framework, its related Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 5 years of hands on SAP ERP Implementation experience on large scale projects for enterprise businesses: SD, FI, and MM module experience
- Deep understanding of SAP, telemetry and Microsoft integration technologies
- Deep understanding of software lifecycle methodology and information systems development and support
Preferred, not required:
- Strong cross group collaboration abilities
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to succeed in ambiguous environment
- Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating, and decision-making skills
- Must have ability to work in a self-directed, fast-paced, multiple initiatives environment
- Must have ability to exercise sound judgment and decision-making
- PMP Certification
- Practical experience with Agile at scale (Scaled Agile Framework a plus!)
- Previous Experience with Microsoft Technologies; Azure DevOps, SQL Server, IIS, BizTalk, C#
- Experience developing project plans and managing releases with a variety of SDLC methodologies such as: Waterfall, RUP, SCRUM, or other agile methodologies
- Enterprise IT experience, preferably with ERP
Describe the ideal candidate
The ideal candidate thrives on taking on big challenges and working to align diverse teams to a common outcome that focuses on creating value for customers. This person has experience running and designing SAP enterprise scale services and platforms, technical depth in cloud platforms, and agile development practices. In addition, this position requires an individual who can demonstrate the ability to ensure highly resilient and scalable service designs through partnership with other members of the service team.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.