|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to help make Xbox Game Pass the greatest customer subscription in the world? Are you passionate about building businesses and products, driving discovery of great games, and helping Microsoft reach the more than 2B+ gamers with our gaming subscriptions?
The Game Pass Content Planning team is one of the most exciting opportunities across gaming, tech and entertainment. We’re responsible for guiding the content investment fund for Xbox Game Pass and placing bets on the great games and experiences that make up Xbox Game Pass. We work closely with our partner teams across Microsoft to shape the short and long term strategy for Game Pass and identify ways to create value for the growing number of game developers and publishers working with the service.
We are seeking a Senior Business Planner who will play a key role in shaping the Game Pass content portfolio and the Game Pass value proposition for key external partners, including the largest game publishers in the world. You will be part of a high-performing and dynamic team focused on identifying and securing content investments in third party games to help us achieve our business goals and generate value for our partners in the process. To do so, you will work closely with partners across third party business development, engineering, operations, and marketing to evaluate and execute on content opportunities across all Game Pass platforms, including Xbox, PC, and cloud gaming, while also managing ongoing partner relationships.
This job offers a unique blend of strategic analysis, effective storytelling, and partner management. With content as a key growth engine of Game Pass and a significant content budget to invest, this role is highly visible and provides opportunity to drive significant impact on a marquee service in a fast-changing category.
This role is ideal for someone who loves a fast-paced, ambiguous environment where every day offers a range of new challenges. You’ll enjoy solving complex problems, developing decision frameworks to drive clarity, and working effectively with cross-functional teams in an environment that is constantly evolving. A clear track record of using quantitative and qualitative analysis to drive decisions and effective storytelling are a must.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Shape the Game Pass content portfolio by driving planning, evaluation, and execution of content deals
- Articulate the value of Game Pass to publishers through partner pitches and presentations; opportunity to work with partner accounts ranging from global publishers to indie developers
- Create win-win outcomes for partners and Microsoft through deal structuring and negotiation, in partnership with business development
- Drive the evolution of our partner strategy through data-driven insights
- Track record of navigating ambiguity to drive outcomes and clarity by leveraging structured frameworks and quantitative and qualitative insights
- Fluency with data and analysis, including business case modeling
- Proven experience in working successfully across functions and organizations, with ability to navigate roadblocks and challenges
- BA/BS degree with strong academic background.
- 5+ years in a management consulting, investment banking, private equity, corporate strategy, marketing, finance or product planning experience in technology sectors.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and analytical skills, including a track record of leading discussions with senior leaders to actionable decisions
- Comfort with working in a fast-paced, dynamic and ambiguous environment with rapidly changing requirements
- A deep passion for learning about entertainment/gaming and subscriptions
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.