|Location:||Redmond, Washington, Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is making deep investments to provide transformative cloud and computing power to critical infrastructure and government customers. Come join a new team in Microsoft’s Cloud + Artificial Intelligence (C+AI) legal group focused on furthering this core company priority. The newly formed Office of Critical Infrastructure has an immediate opening for a Program Manager to support its government advocacy, internal & external communications, and thought leadership in the areas of cybersecurity, critical infrastructure protection, supply chain, and infrastructure expansion.
The Office of Critical Infrastructure is looking for an experienced, results-oriented, individual to help drive cross-company coordination, external advocacy, risk management, and special projects related to Microsoft’s broader cloud strategy. The Program Manager must have strong program management and prioritization skills, be able to develop and implement corporate strategies, drive cross-company and external communication, and work collaboratively across a range of stakeholders.
The Program Manager must be able to understand and independently drive programs to further strategic priorities connected to the critical infrastructure regulatory environment & the expansion of Microsoft’s cloud infrastructure. This includes programs and projects to increase cross-company coordination, educate and influence the global policymakers, and mechanisms to identify and forecast policy trends that may impact Microsoft’s cloud strategy.
In addition, they must also identify challenges and opportunities, recommend and implement courses of action, and work with leadership to align resources and investments to drive positive policy/legal outcomes for the cloud ecosystem and our customers.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Developing and leading programs to increase communication with internal & external stakeholders on significant legal & policy developments
- Coordinating government affairs engagements with policymakers around the world, and supporting global government affairs and legal teams to evangelize Microsoft policy positions
- Leading programs to track regulatory compliance requirements, as well as legal, regulatory, human rights, or other risk associated with expanding cloud infrastructure
- Coordinating across Microsoft’s legal department to support sensitive projects related to expanding cloud infrastructure, government & critical infrastructure customers, law enforcement access, cybersecurity compliance, and incident response
- Collaborating with legal department colleagues and policy specialists on a variety of legal and regulatory issues
- Bachelors’ degree; an advanced degree is preferred but not required
- 3+ years of experience in strategic program or project management in the technology industry, or in a related industry
- A demonstrated ability to drive long-term strategies and special projects related to cross-company coordination, internal & external communication, and global government advocacy
- Experience communicating with a range of internal & external stakeholders, and the ability to create clarity through written work
- The desire to work with diverse internal groups, teams, divisions, and cultures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to discuss and advance complex policy concepts with diverse stakeholders at various levels
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment working on cutting-edge technology and security policy matters
- Comfort working with a broad range of teams and diverse views and cultures, and experience in driving collaboration and consensus
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and independently lead projects that increase cross-company coordination, advance policy positions with external audiences, and protect our customers & Microsoft as we expand our cloud services
The above description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.