|Location:||Alpharetta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, Houston, Texas, Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure Cloud & AI Domain is looking for a passionate, purposeful leader of Project Managers to execute high quality pursuits and the delivery of projects which result in very satisfied customers. The Delivery Management Manager (DMM) role requires close collaboration with other DMMs, delivery teams across technology domains, Delivery Excellence, Pursuit Leads, Global Resource Management, Area leadership as well as the Azure Cloud & AI Americas Time Zone (ATZ) Leadership.
The Delivery Management Manager (DMM) is responsible for reviewing and approving Statements of Work and the first-class delivery of Azure Cloud & AI solutions across a broad portfolio of customers. The Azure Cloud & AI Domain is looking for a leader who can coach great performances and partner with area teams to execute successful Digital Transformation projects with our clients. The DMM will have a direct impact on domain scorecard performance such as Customer Satisfaction, Net Revenue, profitability, utilization, delivery excellence and operational excellence.
The DMM will lead a seasoned team of Project Managers by providing them with thoughtful coaching, role readiness, and career development and enrichment.
Delivery & Resource Management:
- Reviewing current portfolio of engagements and checking in regularly to ensure delivery is on track within approved scope or that scope changes are properly handled (change requests, amendments, etc.).
- Managing Project Managers (PjMs) to exceed customer and partners business requirements within policy to match contract expectations.
- Escalation and resource management.
- Ensuring the Project Management team is adopting delivery management standards and meeting delivery excellence requirements.
- Driving Project Profitability (adherence to cost estimates), forecast accuracy, and revenue recognition for projects delivered.
- Monitoring the rhythm of the delivery business on a regular basis, tracking against key delivery and business metrics.
People Management & Leadership:
- Communicating Microsoft vision and driving Microsoft strategies & priorities.
- Coaching and developing direct reports, conducting regular
Connect Meetings and holding annual performance reviews with direct reports.
- Leading the Microsoft Services transformation and acting as a change agent and being a role model who encourages continuous personal and organizational improvement.
- Supporting, coaching and enabling employees and partners to drive delivery excellence through customer satisfaction activities and behaviors
Business Value & Relationship:
- Leading their team to provide successful solution deployments and ensuring proper business value while maintaining high customer/partner satisfaction.
- Providing review, oversight and approval for Domain Solutions
Leading their team to influence and manage customer expectations, based on contractual agreements for assigned projects.
- Opportunity Management
- Leveraging their team to drive opportunities for additional services delivery through existing delivery contacts.
- Overseeing and reviewing the structuring of contracts to ensure high quality and appropriate scoping to meet the customer's requirements and risk management.
- Leveraging their team to drive clarity and customer understanding in ensuring the creation of contracting documents necessary to proceed with delivery of services.
- Executive Maturity and Ability to Influence
- Customer and Solution Focus
- Ability to create clarity and clearly communicate
- Ability to encourage teamwork and collaboration to drive business success and manage change
- Problem solving, risk management, stakeholder management, escalation management
- Proven capability to deliver strong transformational programs that deliver against near term targets while positioning the business for long term success
- Strong people management skills including consistent demonstration of Microsoft values
- 5+ years of related experience in services delivery and delivery methodology is required
- Innovation and leadership
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent experience is required
- PMP preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.