|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Baltimore, Maryland, Boston, Massachusetts, Charlotte, North Carolina, Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Denver, Colorado, Detroit, Michigan, Houston, Texas, Indianapolis, Indiana, Jacksonville, Florida, Los Angeles, California, Memphis, Tennessee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, New York, New York, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Phoenix, Arizona, San Antonio, Texas, San Diego, California, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington, Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you ready to seize an opportunity to join Microsoft’s Industry Team focused on Education? Getting in on the ground floor as Microsoft Services continue to expand its role in industry and solutions for our boldest customers? Are you ready to lead a virtual team of experts that will work with Microsoft's most established and innovative customers, advising and supporting their Executives with the planning and realization of key digital transformation initiatives?
Do you have a passion for Microsoft’s technology & solutions, and are committed to accelerate our customers to a world of digital innovation and business transformation? Do you want to lead Microsoft into a new generation of consulting services? This could be your next great career adventure!
The mission of the Education Services team is to work with Microsoft’s largest Education Customers to help them accelerate towards their business goals, take advantage of the Digital Transformation, improve the business value from their Microsoft technology investments, and unleash innovation for their organization, their employees and customers.
The Industry architect is responsible for establishing and growing the Education business, including development of the strategy and the roadmap for a portfolio of industry solutions which meet customer business and mission requirements that align with industry trends and corporate goals. Role responsibilities include: development of customer executive relationships, presales process oversight, delivery quality improvement, and people management. The role is involved in business and technical risk management as well as the entire presales and delivery lifecycles, with broad focus on solution architect talent, consistent delivery, innovation, and technology alignment.
How does this person show up?
- Own key customer relationships and their outcomes – including executive relationships, pre-sales process oversight, and quality improvement activities
- You and your team peers stay on the leading edge by leading the solution insights, consistent delivery, innovation and technology alignment
- Support the sales motion and value proposition, driving Education Industry solutions, consulting sales revenue and platform deployment and consumption
- Account Plan creation with sales teams, identification of target accounts, and regular review of opportunities
- Support the sales motion and value proposition to grow Education Industry revenue
- Develop and drive execution of the Education Industry business and technical strategy in collaboration with appropriate parties
- Provide oversight to critical engagements and help ensure that required technical and business criteria, customer expectations and conditions of satisfaction are set/met for these engagements
- Build solution credibility with our customers by helping them to understand our capability, capacity and quality
- Drive execution of the industry strategy (business and technical) in collaboration with appropriate parties
- Ability to partner with the customer facing teams and other services teams to identify, develop, lead on key digital business transformation services opportunities
- Ability to grow share of wallet for the Microsoft Platform and Microsoft Services in targeted accounts
- Ability to generate trust, form partnerships across the organization, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of customers including other delivery teams and the sales and marketing teams
- Grow the field capability through mentoring, readiness, and community evangelism
- Defining / leading repeatable ideation steps with customers to explore “art of the possible” through industry specific, cross-industry business solutions/patterns and technology components, and demonstrating techniques such as “Design Thinking” and “Inclusive Design”
- Being a visible role model by demonstrating the integrity and career potential of the architect role and being an example of how we want to work with our largest customers and partners
What we would like you to have
- 10 years of relevant experience in Education solutions, with a minimum of 5 years in a consulting or services environment
- 5+ years of delivery/Implementation experience
- 5+ years minimum selling or supporting services sales including project envisioning, planning, and scoping of work effort
- 5+ years minimum with defining scope, creating estimates and crafting statements of work
- Solid understanding of Business and IT strategy and principled approach to broad architectural challenges and opportunities
- Ability to move between high level architectural review/design and tactical work of delivering projects
- Ability to run sales and people operations in a reliable manner, from account planning and engagement sales, through delivery to customer satisfaction and renewal, with an inflexible focus on quality and continuous improvement
- Deep understanding of the Education Industry solutions, as well as key solutions and services such as Azure, Cloud, Platform & Productivity, Business Analytics, Devices & Mobility
- Large enterprise deployment experience in complex environments in K-12, Higher Education and/or Libraries & Museums
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the competitive marketplace for Education solutions
- Amazing executive-level interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills; ability to mesh well with customer decision makers, by being a good listener, a team builder and an articulate advocate of Microsoft's vision and value proposition
- Position is remote, available in any major U.S. city
Travel is an integral part of this position as are high levels of recognition and visibility. Travel can be as high as 60% as is demanded by the needs of our customers and our business - (Post COVID-19)
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.