|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about building cool devices and technologies? The Surface Team focuses on lighting up Microsoft experiences with touch first computing. A fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices and accessories that enable people's experiences. Creating these devices involves a close partnership between hardware and software engineers, designers, and manufacturing. We are currently building the next generation and Surface needs you!
We are looking for a Sr. Electrical Engineer to develop accessories and battery subsystems.
- Develop accessories and battery subsystems.
- Architecting, designing the mainboard, any flex circuits, component selection, etc.
- Work cross-functionally with different disciplines (Industrial Design, Mechanical, Electrical, Thermal, Software and Firmware) and suppliers to develop compelling, innovative products.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering
- 10+ years of work experience in the design and development of high speed digital and/or analog boards and systems.
- Direct experience with one or more of the following technologies: high speed bus design, low power design, industry standard protocols (PCIE, USB 3.2, wireless, thunderbolt, etc.) and their design issues.
- System development process experience including concept creation, schematics and board development, as well as board and system bring up and debugging.
- Direct experience in high volume computers /communication devices /consumer electronics preferred.
- Experience in firmware development, especially C++ and python desired
- Drive technical root cause analysis and corrective actions to improve system quality
- Demonstrated initiative with a high level of energy, and methodical & efficient problem-solving skills including engineering DOEs.
- Develops Schematics and BOM to meet the design requirements
- Strong communication skills required, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms.
- 10% Domestic and international travel will be required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.