|Job Type:||Full Time|
Now more than ever we live in an age where cloud services are empowering people around the world to achieve more. Behind these innovative services exists a critical infrastructure that is what truly brings the cloud to life. On the ObjectStore team we build the core cloud platform backing Bing. It has grown to be used across all of Microsoft including Azure, Office, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Cortana and more. Individual's lives are impacted by it in scenarios such as web search, friends exploring, local deal finding and personal assistants. Today ObjectStore has 10K+ storage tables world-wide, with 350+ partners across divisions of Microsoft.
Over time, ObjectStore has matured from a low latency key-value store into a rich serving platform. It supports features such as secondary indices, full text search, machine learning inferences, graph traversal, and general computation hosting. We learn from and compete with many popular NoSQL, Indexing, Graph, and Deep-Learning serving technologies in the industry. These are the hottest domains in the modern cloud infrastructure age.
We are looking for a passionate platform developer to join us in building the next generation of storage and computation fabric using in-house and open source technologies. You will be hands-on in a massively scaled and distributed system. Our developers design, implement, and rollout features with a data-driven and test-driven methodology. Furthermore, they have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge cloud and machine learning technologies. We are a flat team, so you will participate in agile scrum, collaborate with people who have different domain expertise, and have opportunities to explore and contribute in a variety of areas. Team members are expected to:
- Share accountability of a wide array of assets and be comfortable with learning a broad array of technologies.
- Design and implement features in a distributed environment using data to guide and measure success.
- Debug and mitigate incidents in live production environments.
- Participate in regular team scrums and communicate regularly and clearly with team members and leads.
- Look for opportunities to use open source technologies in our service or to share learnings, services and tools we have created with Microsoft broadly or the open source community.
We are a fast-paced team with product releases every week. If you are self-motivated and want to make a large impact in the cloud serving area, then we are looking forward to meeting you!
- 6+ years of development experience with C++, C# or another Object-Oriented Language.
- A passion for distributed platform development.
- Able to quantitatively evaluate, implement and verify a solution in a distributed environment, using simulation, testing, counters, logging, and other methodologies.
- BS degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.
- A focus on detail and being result oriented.
- A collaborative attitude willing to learn new things.
- Experience debugging live distributed systems in a DevOps model.
- Experience using or developing NoSQL storage systems.
- Experience using or developing inverted index search systems.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.