|Job Type:||Full Time|
The mission of the Global Influencer Community team within Microsoft’s Developer Relations organization is to recognize and engage exceptional technical community leaders around the globe who are always on the “bleeding edge” of technology, bringing together diverse platforms, products and solutions to solve real world problems, and who have a passion for sharing their knowledge with the broader technology community.
The team is looking for a high performing Business Program Manager. The position will provide a self-motivated individual a unique opportunity to drive strategic engagement with top technical community influencers to build preference and technical skills that drive the development and deployment of leading applications and services on Microsoft platforms.
In this role, you will be responsible for building strong partnerships with engineering groups, Cloud Advocates (CAs) and field teams to enable deep technology focused interactions, foster our relationship with the broader technical community, as well as grow industry and community influence to adopt Microsoft platform and services. This position has senior leadership visibility and will effectively partner with business stakeholders to deliver a highly-valued and connected experience for community leaders, including Microsoft MVPs (Most Valuable Professionals) and RDs (Regional Directors).
- Drive strategic planning for global influencer engagement in designated technical areas.
- Build trusted partnership across a range of Microsoft teams to engage and sustain healthy, vibrant technical communities for Microsoft.
- Deepen Engineering Group relationships to provide early, often, and deep technical connections to enable the community influencers as the best experts in their focused technology areas.
- Strategize and source community technical content in alignment with the business priority and community delivery needs.
- Provide quality analysis and insight into the overall success of our engagement strategy and recommend solutions to business obstacles.
- Drive community and influencer program excellence.
- Optimize internal business processes and collaborate with various internal virtual teams to drive program innovation and transformation.
- Manage escalations from both internal business stakeholders and external customers.
- Define business and customer requirements and translate them into scenario specifications.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business related disciplines or computer science.
- 4+ years working experience in positions directly working with engineering and/or technical evangelism teams.
- Exceptional cross group collaboration and excellence in cultivating and managing business relationships.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence business and technical decision makers.
- Experience or strong passion in leading or managing technical community.
- Demonstrated success in program and project management.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and communicate data to uncover opportunities for business improvement.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.