|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Birmingham, Alabama, Charleston, South Carolina, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Orlando, Florida, Tampa, Florida|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. Nowhere is this mission more alive, and our opportunity so great, than in the education industry.
The profound workplace shift that has taken place has created a need for talent development and reskilling to meet current and future demands. We live in a global, connected, and ever-changing world where people are our most important and needed natural resource. We must prepare them to be successful today and to create future leaders. Microsoft is a learning company and education remains a core priority for Microsoft and to help us respond to market trends, education digital transformation opportunities and ready students for a changing workforce come and join a team that is empowering every student on the planet to achieve more.
- Expanding strategic education customer relationships to drive larger impact and targeted business growth and drive the jointly agreed customer multi-year Digital Transformation business strategy, delivering agreed outcomes while leading a virtual internal and external team with the customer and partners
- Disrupting the mindset of customers and sales teams by bringing innovative licensing ideas that showcase case for change and Microsoft's unique value proposition for education
- Leading the process of structuring the licensing component of deals and define the negotiation strategies for the customer account with the account team and partners
- Partnering with other roles to ensure customer success in the acquisition of Microsoft’s services and solutions and manage any required changes to customers’ contractual terms using your own approval authority or working with other approvers as needed
- Serving as a licensing escalation point when required identifying and alleviating key customer success blockers
- Remaining focused on customer facing time by running a healthy and predictable business that delivers on a jointly agreed customer Digital Transformation strategy maintaining rigorous licensing process compliance landing on time licensing renewals by overseeing the deals through negotiation to processing & invoicing stages
- Continuously nurturing and expanding your licensing, sales, industry, technology and competitive knowledge and capabilities
- Providing insight and feedback from customers and partners to the Microsoft Worldwide Industry Teams to help learning and improvement in industry solutions and digital transformation offerings
- Contributing to the Commercial Executives community by sharing best practices and insights on sales execution
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong sales and negotiation background, with 5-7 years of sales and negotiation experience
- In-depth and strategic understanding of Microsoft licensing programs with a Microsoft Certified Professional certification in designing and providing Microsoft Volume Licensing Solutions to large organizations preferred but not essential
- Negotiation professional, unafraid of conflict, that possesses executive maturity, presence and experience in building trust with senior education decision makers and procurement/purchasing teams to simplify complex solutions that maximize revenue/market share/consumption opportunities and increase customer satisfaction
- Strategic long-term thinker, skilled in enabling appropriate licensing agreements in a highly competitive environment, with proven ability to successfully anticipate market changes to drive industry-relevant solutions, address competitive threats and navigate complex customer environments
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.