|Location:||Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Does protecting over 1 billion customers and making the cyber world a better place sound exciting? Do you have what it takes to be part of the top security response team in the world? Are you looking for a challenging cross-company role in Incident Response and ready to defend customer security, privacy, and trust in Microsoft? This may be the opportunity for you.
The Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) seeks motivated, experienced security professionals to join our team at our Redmond facility. There are few places in Microsoft that have a direct impact on as many customers as the Microsoft Security Response Center’s Incident Response Team. This Senior Security Program Manager position is responsible for coordinating Microsoft’s response to the most critical security issues the company faces. When you read in the news about hackers, when the integrity of our products is at stake, or when an 0-day vulnerability is being used to attack customers, the successful candidate will work with teams across Microsoft to rapidly defend Microsoft and its customers against these threats.
The opportunity for leadership that accompanies this individual contributor position is unique. As the successful candidate you will regularly connect with the most senior leaders at Microsoft. You will manage and lead all parties involved in security incidents, make key risk decisions, and inform executive leadership in an overall effort to help protect customers, make Microsoft products and services more secure, and protect Microsoft brands.
You will regularly make high-stakes decisions with executive visibility and company-wide impact on extremely short time-lines with limited information and be part of a team that manages high-severity privacy and network incidents, offering further opportunities for growth. Excellent communications, strong interpersonal awareness, attention to detail, and the ability to foster cooperation and trust across groups are key success factors for this role. Strong program management skills for organizing information, breaking down complex problems, and working effectively in situations involving uncertainty are must-haves. A solid understanding of Microsoft organizations, technologies and products, especially as they relate to security, will ensure a quick start.
- Candidates must have a current active Top Secret DOD Clearance or higher.
- Must be be willing to upgrade to Top Secret SCI with Full Scope Polygraph and will be required to maintain the TS/SCI with full scope polygraph clearance.
- Must pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon Hire/Transfer as well as every 2 years thereafter.
- 4+ years of experience in information Security Incident Handling, Security Operations, and Software vulnerability triage.
- 1+ year experience in Info Technology, including Cloud services, hardware, networking, architecture, protocols, file systems, and operating systems.
- Experience working in an environment with changing priorities with ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional image and approach.
- Ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in-writing, in an easily understood, authoritative, and actionable manner.
- Experience with large scale and complex incidents of all types, including APT, DDoS, Malicious insider, web and mobile applications, and data exfiltration highly preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.