|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a highly collaborative Cloud Engineer with the vision and creativity to work directly with our customers’ engineers to understand their needs, identify emerging patterns, and develop new capabilities? Do you love working side-by-side with customer engineers on complex Cloud and Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions? If so, the Technical Program Manager role in Microsoft Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) may be a good fit for you!
The Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) team is a global engineering organization that works directly with customers looking to leverage the latest technologies to address their toughest challenges and transform their industries using cloud-based solutions. In this role on the CSE team, you will leverage your deep understanding of Cloud, AI and Machine Learning technologies working side-by-side with our Azure customers’ Engineers to help them overcome technical challenges on their path to deploying their solutions. You will use your passion for collaboration to partner with our Product Engineering teams to share our customers’ experience to inform planning and prioritization of products and features.
Successful Data Technical Program Managers are great at networking, thrive working in ambiguity, are passionate about working with cloud technology, have strong engineering backgrounds, and know how to create and deliver high-impact, reusable software artifacts.
You will have an opportunity to work directly with customers to help deploy Data solutions and work with Engineering decision makers to influence the Microsoft product roadmap for Cloud and Data solutions. Your areas of focus will be to:
- Build trust for Azure as a product, and Microsoft as a company, with Microsoft largest, most important customers.
- Work directly with customer engineers to accelerate development through to deployment and capture direct product feedback and insights to improve our Cloud and Data offerings
- Own Executive communications that establish CSE as a trusted advisor representing our customers’ requirements to inform and influence product planning and feature prioritization.
- Deliver Strategic Plans in partnership with technology subject matter experts to define Data priorities based on analysis of customer patterns, industry trends and product investments.
- Identify emerging patterns and prioritize work based on customer patterns and requirements, document and package code, templates and guidance to help accelerate customer success with Data on Azure.
- Contribute to a collaborative culture that embraces inclusivity and diversity.
While candidates will be evaluated holistically, successful candidates will have many of the following attributes, experiences and qualifications:
At least 1+ years’ experience managing communications with senior executives.
At least 3+ years’ experience as a technical program manager.
At least 5+ years’ experience working with Data technologies
At least 5+ years’ experience working with cloud computing technologies.
Preferred Qualifications, you should:
- self-identify as a technical program manager with a passion for cloud technologies.
- be very comfortable communicating with senior Executives and decision makers
- be passionate about creating deeply technical reports and whitepapers
- have a proven track record of collaborating across organizations in your company
- be comfortable with common Machine Learning concepts, frameworks and libraries
- understand AI and cloud business drivers and emerging trends across Microsoft and non-Microsoft technologies.
- Have experience working in geographically dispersed teams.
- Be willing to travel 20% of the time. (Most travel is regional, but there are occasional international trips.)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.