|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join Modern Workplace finance to play an integral role in shaping the future of our business. Our Microsoft 365 offering is the world’s productivity cloud and the only comprehensive solution that empowers everyone with an integrated, secure experience on any device. Leading organizations are choosing our AI infused premium offerings for their advanced security, communications, and productivity experiences to unlock new scenarios of digital transformation. We are at an exciting phase in our growth trajectory with both momentum and massive opportunity & challenges tin ramp to make Modern Workplace a $100b business. The team works across engineering, marketing, and sales teams to develop solutions to deliver against this journey. Our core products include productivity, communication, analytics, management, security, and compliance. You will learn partnership and have an ability to impact across many key business functions including product, go to market strategy as well as business planning & development.
The GTM (Go to Market) Sr. Finance Manager will support our key business partners in driving our MW and Security Sales and Marketing strategy and execution across our future big bets / Horizon 2 products. Many of our new products to be launched over the next 1-3 years will require a very different motion in how we will engage, sell, and deploy to our customers and partners. This individual will partner closely with our Planning, Pillars and GTM team to think through how we build the right Go To Market strategy in launching, selling, and deploying our future products into the market. Go to market strategies include Field Execution Strategy – Subsidiary Scorecard, seller, and leadership incentive compensation, identifying the right partners, margin structure, incentive programs and investments in our web-direct business. The role partners closely with our PMG, GSMO (Field Organization) and WCB (Commercial Business) teams to ensure we build the field and sales strategy and execute against current and future financial targets.
For this role, the individual should have:
- Technical knowledge of the Modern Workplace and Microsoft Commercial business.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work across teams.
- Strong analytics and ability to summarize performance and key stories coming out of the data at the executive level.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and be able to rethink how we engage with our customers.
- Ability to communicate data into a story, that resonates and validates our business performance, and drive for actionable insights.
Key areas of responsibility include:
Business and Finance Process Excellence:
- Support the Field Scorecard process and ensure we are setting focused execution metrics to drive a sustainable and healthy business across our Horizon 2 products.
- Drive annual target setting for key Scorecard and Budget metrics owned by the EG Finance and Marketing teams.
- Partner with Product Marketing to develop the right incentive structures across our Sellers and Leadership, and our Partner Ecosystem. Work with WCB and Product Marketing to ensure we have the right resource allocation and investments to deliver on our financial commitments.
- Partner with our MW Finance teams to help build the What and the Why’s on business performance and actions that are required to ensure the business remains healthy, sustainable, and able to hit short- and long-term goals.
- Ensure we have the right partner capacity and ecosystem to fulfill the LRP for the Horizon 2 products.
Business Enablement and Compliance:
- Land and drive consistency in how we measure and look at our business.
- Partner closely with WCB/GSMO to ensure data consistency and a one MW story.
- Ability to take risk and deal with a level of ambiguity
- Undergraduate degree in Finance / Business, Accounting or Economics; CPA or MBA preferred
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in financial analysis, reporting, controllership with a good analytical foundation
- Executive communication and presentation experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.