|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is building Azure to be world’s computer to tackle the hardest problems on the planet. Core to the success of this mission is that every customer, in every industry can adopt Azure to further their mission. The Azure Global Engineering Team is at the center of this mission, building hyperscale cloud infrastructure around the world to support commercial industry and government adopt cloud for their most complex workloads.
To support our mission and strategy, we are looking to hire a senior communications manager for the Azure Global Office of the Corporate Vice President (CVP) to lead both internal and external communications.
This role requires a self-motivated individual, comfortable operating in a high volume and fast paced environment without sacrificing high quality results. This person must work well in a team, in ways that drive impactful results, and uphold the team’s philosophy to operate with the highest levels of integrity and trust. This will require showing the utmost discretion in the management of confidential corporate information. This role will report to the Azure Global Chief of Staff.
- Create overall marketing, communication plans, messaging, and branding for Azure Global. This strategy and plan should support business growth and organizational culture, including a significant focus on building an inclusive culture and creating inclusive messaging.
- Provide executive marketing and communication support to the CVP of Azure Global including profile development, branding, internal communications and keynotes for internal and external audiences.
- Partner with marketing, product, field, and communications teams. This also includes researching speech/keynote subject matter to find the most impactful stories, synthesizing talking points and messaging from teams across the company and translating these inputs into EVP/C-level talking points.
- Help build effective channels, strategies, media, and methods to reach different roles across Microsoft and externally. Different formats or types of media should be used to reach a wider audience, such as, video, social media, articles, blog, website, etc. and establish listening channels to gather feedback and stay current with technology topics.
- Support with the development of executive customer/partner briefings and necessary content for both reactive and proactive engagement
- Develop and manage the rhythm of communication that aligns with the organizational rhythm of the business.
- Be a collaboration rock star - build strong partnerships and have a thirst to learn about new areas of the business. Seek continual improvement and learning both for your craft and for the speeches and thought leadership pieces.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Experience in communications, including executive communication, and/or public relations, journalism, marketing, or all the above
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate complex issues and deliver compelling information to an employee audience
- Passion for communications, creativity, and storytelling, including being thoughtful about how new channels and tools are creating new ways to inform and engage people
- Strong organizational skills and examples of balancing competing projects and priorities
- Proven executive maturity and the ability to carry a strategic communications discussion with senior leaders
- A customer- and inclusion-obsessed mindset
- Experience communicating across languages and cultures is a bonus
- Minimum of 7 years communications, marketing, public relations or equivalent experience
- Experience building effective channels, strategies, multimedia, and methods to reach different roles across an enterprise
- Proven track record in developing key messages and communications plans for varied stakeholders and audiences, professionally designed one-pagers (slick sheets), and communications or marketing strategy and program to include internal and external speaking engagements and events
- Experience developing presentations for senior-level presenters and audience
- Excels at cross-group collaboration
- Knowledge of measuring the impact and effectiveness of communications
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly PowerPoint. Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.