|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the Role
Samsara is looking for an experienced Business Operations Manager to run our Workforce Planning, Data Analytics, and Business Insights functions for the Global Technical Support organization. You will work closely with the Leadership team in generating customer, product, and operational insights to enable strategic and tactical decisions for our rapidly growing business.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for data analytics and be eager to pursue a variety of projects in a fast-moving environment. Validated analytical skills, ability to communicate complex analysis to a variety of audiences, and a technical background are required. The role reports to the Head of Support Operations, a team responsible for Service and Operational Excellence for Samsara’s global Technical Support organization.
In this role, you will own:
- Big Picture: Build the Global Technical Support organization’s capability to generate high-quality and high-velocity customer, product, and business insights
- Analytics: Perform complex business analyses to uncover and share insights with our leadership team
- Capacity Planning: Partner with leadership to forecast ticket volume, productivity, and capacity to develop efficient staffing plans
- Forecasting: Build growth models and scenarios to guide annual planning process in collaboration with Strategic Finance
- Metrics: Develop and standardize performance KPIs on a team and individual level across the entire organization
- Data Visualization: Build, maintain, and evolve data visualization and dashboards to enable performance management and strategic decision making for leadership
- Data Integration: Collaborate with Data Science to integrate Technical Support data with other Samsara-wide systems to drive cross-functional analysis and insights
An ideal candidate has:
- B.S. or higher, preferably in Business, Engineering, or other quantitative field
- MBA is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in consulting, investment banking, operations strategy, or equivalent experience; OR
- 5+ years of domain experience in generating business insights for Support, Sales, or Operations organizations in a high-growth business
- Advanced capabilities in Excel, SQL, or equivalent analytical tools
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a passion for turning data into significant insights
- Strong communication skills and the ability to translate complex analysis into easily digestible insights for a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated skills in data visualization tools (e.g., Python, Tableau, etc) is a plus
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.