Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Join an organization of talented, diverse improvement coaches who support business leaders and teams along their journey of improving customer experience, business performance, and employee experience through lean principles applied to our way of working (leadership, management process, operations, and software development). We call this the Discover Management System (DMS).
As an Improvement Coach assigned to the Process Excellence Practice and supporting our U.S. Cards business unit you will play an integral role in facilitating process design and improvement interventions to help business teams achieve ambitious goals and develop the capabilities, systems, and practices required to scale and sustain the impact of their efforts.
With exposure to leaders and teams across the enterprise and with opportunities for internal mobility, both within the coaching Center of Excellence (CoE) and beyond, DMS provides dynamic and fast-paced work to accelerate your learning, development, and leadership capabilities for your Discover career.
- Partners with business leaders and teams to enable and deliver chartered targeted improvements with measurable and material outcomes.
- Leads facilitation of cross-functional teams through all steps for performing end-to-end Process and Control Assessments, including working with Process Owners to organize work sessions and planning to drive all pre-work scoping and data gathering efforts, SIPOC, Process/System/Data Mapping, FMEA, Control Design and identification of system, data, and process improvement opportunities.
- Coaches Process Owners and relevant team members on improvement concepts, techniques, principles (and associated behaviors) to build capabilities the Process Owner can leverage for sustainable and scaled impact through on-going process monitoring and improvement.
- Engages with and establishes trusted working relationships with business leaders and teams to understand their business goals, objectives and processes. Identifies local and systemic challenges and trends for targeted improvements.
- Coaches business partners on how to best leverage the Discover Management System to achieve ambitious improvement goals.
- Contributes to a culture of learning within the DMS CoE community by learning, adhering to and improving upon standards, methodologies, and processes.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Economics, Operations Management, Quantitative, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Engineering, Operations, Change Management, Continuous Improvement, Process Management, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Continuous Improvement, Strategic Change Management, Management Consulting, Training, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Business, Economics, Operations Management, Quantitative, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Management Consulting, Engineering, Operations, Change Management, Continuous Improvement, Process Management, or related field
- Lean/Six Sigma Certifications: Green or Black Belt
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.