|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
Samsara is looking for an experienced Program Manager to be a founding member of the Operations team within the global Technical Support organization. In this role, you will be an early member of a small but mighty Support Operations team responsible for Service Excellence and Operational Excellence, with a goal to ensure the organization provides world-class service at every customer interaction, and delivers that service effectively, efficiently, and consistently.
As the first Program Manager in Technical Support, you have the opportunity to both be a builder as well as help set strategic goals that will lead to long-term organizational change. You will have an immediate focus on Operational Excellence, and will be responsible for a mixture of zero-to-one and ongoing improvement programs and operations. You should be a detail-oriented, get-things-done professional who can think strategically, adapt quickly, and rapidly earn credibility and trust within all levels of the organization.
The role will report to the head of Support Operations, and will be a high impact role with the opportunity to establish the foundation of a program management function that spans global Technical Support at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and drive Operational Excellence programs with the ultimate goal of cultivating the health, productivity, and effectiveness of the Technical Support organization.
- Proactively identify, prioritize, and solve our toughest operational problems through engagement with frontline Support teams, thoughtful data analysis and process design, and expert project and program management skills.
- Work cross-functionally to scope projects, coordinate stakeholders within and outside the Technical Support organization, and execute on a project plan to deliver business outcomes.
- Use (or develop), manage, and adapt processes, tools, and programs that optimize for the quality and productivity of the Technical Support organization.
- Measure expected and actual results for your programmatic areas, and drive iterative improvements through data analysis and automation
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate also has:
- B.S. or higher, preferably in a quantitative field (science, technology, engineering, mathematics, etc.).
- Strong business acumen; MBA or consulting background a plus.
- Strong project management skills; PMP certification a plus.
- 5+ years experience working within operations and/or project management teams within well run Support, Sales, Success, or Product organizations.
- A strong track record of building and sustaining programs that have demonstrated value on the customer experience and organizational productivity and effectiveness.
- Demonstrated leadership, creativity, and problem solving abilities, with a desire to be a force-multiplier across all touchpoints of customer experience and internal operational excellence.
- Excellent communication skills that allow them to work with and gain support from a broad coalition of stakeholders, ranging from frontline Support reps to executive leadership across the organization.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.