|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Surface camera team is recruiting for a Sr. Camera Module Engineer/Architect with a passion for technology to deliver industry leading, high performance, small form factor camera modules. Selected candidates will own the design and development of camera modules that meet system and performance requirements utilizing state of the art packaging and actuator technologies. Applicants will need to demonstrate the ability to work concurrently with Sensor engineers, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, Electrical Engineering, Process Engineering, Tooling Engineering, Manufacturing and Test Engineering in creating innovative camera sub-systems.
Drive future camera hardware requirements that meet product vision, including considerations for feature requirements, ISP & image sensor capabilities, power budgets, optical & mechanical design requirements and solution cost. The position requires knowledge of advanced packaging technologies (RFPC, ceramics, ACF); knowledge of camera actuators (AF, OIS packaging and technologies); product system integration considerations (ME interfaces, thermal design, EMI mitigation and DFx). The candidate will work closely with our internal ID, ME and EE teams, image sensor partners, camera component suppliers and module partners to design and deliver camera modules that meet the size, reliability, EMC and performance specifications for the camera subsystem into the Surface products.
- Five or more years of experience in designing consumer electronics
- Five or more years of experience in designing miniature camera systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Optics, EE, ME or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in delivering miniature camera subsystems in high volume consumer electronics products.
- Knowledge of advanced camera component technologies (ceramic packaging, ACR, SMA actuators, etc.)
- Working knowledge of CMOS imaging systems.
- Expertise in system flow down specification from architecture to components
- Knowledge of statistical process control methodology and application in assessing design margin and production quality.
- Experience working with off-shore manufacturers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a high paced product development environment.
- Willing to travel internationally up to 15%.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.