|Job Type:||Full Time|
MojangStudios, creators of Minecraft, has apurpose to build a better world through the power of play,and we’re committed to inspiring generations of game changers through our work. With over 200 million copies sold and more than 100 million players each month, Minecraft inspires a passionate community to create amazing things together. In addition to being one of the most-widely played games of all time and most-watched game on YouTube, Minecraft is also increasingly used in classrooms to support learning across a wide range of subjects.
As a studio, the quality of our products is our top priority, and we are investing in modernizing our development process so we can ship higher quality code to our players, faster. We’re looking forsomeone toleadour Engineering Support team – whose mission is to support Minecraft development teams in their use of engineering infrastructure like build and test automation systems. This responsibility is key to improving developer efficiency, satisfaction, and code quality – and that leads straight to a better game and happy players!
- Providetechnical support toMinecraft development teamsin their use of engineering infrastructure
- Supervisea small team ofremoteSupport Engineers
- Demonstrate creativity and empathy in working with peers and partners across geographies, cultures, andtimezones
- Apply a service-first, positive, continuous-improvement mindset in customer interactions and the operations of the team
- Promote improvements in our processes, tech, and game quality by partnering closely with development teams
- Escalate blocking issues to teams we depend on, providing accurate and timely data leading to quick resolutions
- Regularly communicate with partner teams on requirements, plans and status
- Work with automation software team to improve test run reliability, issue detection and alerting capabilities
- Standardize and document team processes, support guides, and project backlogs
- Leverage telemetry and automated monitoring to detect and troubleshoot problems, patterns, and determine priorities
- 4+ years in IT Operations / Software Technical Support
- 1+ years supervising Technical Support personnel
- 1+ years in organization(s)focused primarily on software development
- 2+ years scripting experience with PowerShell
- Adept at performing technical investigation through analysis of systems log, operational telemetry, or the like
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.