|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are building Azure Storage/Azure Data Lake Storage – Microsoft’s massively scalable, highly distributed, ubiquitously accessible storage system, designed to scale out and serve the data needs of the entire world. It is designed to enable developers to build planet-scale applications. Our platform stores several Exabytes of data, serves millions of requests per second and continues to grow at an incredible rate as we add to the thousands of Microsoft customers who entrust us with their data. As the data persistence platform of the Azure Cloud, we also serve and enable Microsoft services as: Azure Data Lake Analytics, HDI, ADF & more. We are designing and building for Zettabyte scale to support demand & growth across every industry vertical - empowering every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
We are looking for engineers to join a fast-paced team and solve complex problems in the domain of mission-critical distributed systems – including APIs, fault tolerance, data partitioning as well as deployment, machine learning and self-healing capabilities. We welcome you to meet the team and learn about the complex challenges you can solve with us.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Strong development experience in all phases of the product lifecycle
- Passion for understanding and improving, large, complex systems, and improving overall developer productivity
- Excellent collaboration skills within and across teams
- Strong responsibility for the service/code quality and online service reliability
- Passion or experience building highly scalable, highly available software and service
- 5+ years professional experience developing code, preferably in C/C++, Java or C#
- BS in CS, CSE or related technical field
- Experiences on Azure or other Cloud service/platform
- Experience with large scale distributed systems and multithreading
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.