|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Role & Opportunity
The Devices business is a key focus area for Microsoft, combining an extensive portfolio of first party personal computing devices and strategies to grow the broader ecosystem. If you are passionate about a high-growth, high-opportunity business and thrive in developing strategies and business models, we have an opportunity for you!
The Strategy & Planning team is a critical function in Devices Finance. We are chartered with driving business growth through assessing opportunity sets, defining & influencing product roadmaps, developing business & pricing models, and supporting partnership/deal initiatives. The team partners across several organizations – engineering, product marketing, business planning, business development, and supply chain.
We are currently hiring for a Sr. Finance Manager to fill the Incubation Product Planning role. This impactful & high-visibility role requires strong business acumen, thought leadership, ability to navigate ambiguity, capability to create frameworks and business models, and partnership across functions. This is where you can work on the next big thing, before it’s the next big thing!
Core responsibilities of the role include:
- Lead development of business models, pricing frameworks, and investment asks for Incubation Products.
- Work with senior leaders to define principles and criteria to assess incubations projects against. Influence Go/No Go decisions.
- Conduct financial and scenario analysis to ensure business and financial success of new products.
- Collaborate to assess business development and partnership strategies. Evaluate build vs. buy scenarios.
- Partner to incorporate new businesses into long-range planning exercise.
- 5+ years of demonstrated work experience in finance, business planning, pricing, or business development.
- Ability to act as trusted advisor and partner to senior leaders. Executive maturity and balanced self-awareness.
- Passion for great work and demonstrated drive. Ability to effectively prioritize across multiple workstreams, have attention to detail, and work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability of operating in ambiguous settings and creating clarity.
- Courage to share opinions and influence decisions.
- BA/BS degree required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.