|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a creative that is passionate about building brand identities that impact and inspire millions of people? Are you interested is creating a visual expression for cutting-edge cloud products?
The Commercial Cloud Marketing team is looking for a Senior Brand Designer to help create brand identities for its flagship enterprise products: Microsoft Azure, Dynamics 365, Microsoft 365, HoloLens 2 and more. This person will research, explore, develop and create compelling concept and design systems working closely with brand strategy, engineering, and our business partners. On any given day, you may find yourself creating visual design concepts (via mood boards, visual mock-ups, or high-fidelity screens), building out systems or partnering with agencies to develop core visual identities. You’re also responsible for documenting the design system and guidance on when and how to use brand elements. You will proactively solicit feedback from others and offer thoughtful critique that helps elevate the work of those around you. You’re equally comfortable leading client or agency meetings, internal design critiques and are passionate about sharing your expertise with others. Finally, you’re skilled at articulating design rationale and capable of tying your decisions to business objectives.
To thrive in this position, you’ll need to take a strategic approach to design problems and be able to solve complex challenges. Your deep experience has taught you to recognize when a structured design system is required; and when a bespoke, fluid design is more appropriate. In addition to an advanced understanding of the design process—including divergent (brainstorming), convergent (concept-selection), and detail-design phases—you’ll need top-notch communication and collaboration skills, which you’ll put to frequent use while working with internal clients and colleagues. You are equally open to new ideas and methodical in your approach to delivery. Personality-wise, you’re flexible, nimble, and unflappable, capable of juggling competing priorities with a sense of humor and grace. If you’ve got a passion for design and a keen desire to collaborate with others to craft innovative brand solutions that will shape the future, we’d love to talk to you.
- Brand Identity & Systems: The design of the core visual language and graphic system used to define and differentiate a brand.
- Toolkits & Guidelines: Documentation of system thinking and the rules of how and when to use core assets and templates.
- Content Creation: The comping and making of the signature assets used to attract (photo, motion, illustration.)
- Digital Experience: The ideation and design of signature experiences that deliver rich, seamless connections within digital marketing channels (web, social, paid-advertising, events).
- Presentation of Ideas: The clear and confident articulation of your ideas to our business partners and internal teams alike.
Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to conduct high-level market research and brand, product, service audits focused on the visual design systems and their application to corporate, service, and product identities.
- Effectively interpret the business needs beyond the brief when required, determining at the core the problem we need to solve, and designing systems rooted in the environment and scenarios in which they need to live.
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of design principles, best practices, and emerging technologies.
- Confident communication and presentation skills (written and verbal), with the ability to successfully articulate design vision to your team and your client.
- Juggle multiple projects with tight deadlines, working independently and as part of a team.
- Clear, concise, and specific follow through on all action items resulting from meetings and/or directions from the production team producer and art director.
- Overcome challenges of undertaking creative work remotely, with a commitment to team communication and deadlines.
- Comfort collaborating with multiple stakeholders across a wide range of disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience successfully working with a cross-disciplinary design team; experience in a consulting or agency environment preferred.
- Champion and deliver high quality creative.
- Creative, collaborative, passionate, positive, organized and enthusiastic.
- 5+ years of professional experience leading and developing brands. (Branding, graphic design, marketing and digital collatoral.)
- Modern and innovative design aesthetic, with a clean, crisp, clear hierarchy of communication. Sophisticated type handling. Strong understanding of creating and using grids. (Expert knowledge of layout, photography, and photographic methods.)
- Expert in graphic design tools (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop). Adobe XD, Figma, and 3D rendering is a plus.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating creative excellence, brand development and design discipline.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Design, Graphic Design or equivalent from an accredited school is highly preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.