|Job Type:||Full Time|
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. Through our Cloud-first strategy, we strive to deliver solutions that are optimized for the world and enable customers to drive their business more successfully. Microsoft’s Margin Strategy and Investment Optimization (MSIO) team is an exciting and fast-evolving finance team at the forefront of Microsoft’s Cloud-first strategy. We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to help shape the future of our cloud products.
The team’s charter is to optimize our investments in cloud infrastructure while driving down unit cost of capacity, ensuring cloud services achieve both profit and gross margin growth. As a leader on this team, you’ll also support long term bets and drive competitive intelligence to keep Microsoft Cloud ahead of the competition. All while enhancing transparency into Cloud Infrastructure investments and safeguarding shareholder interest.
We currently have an opening for an experienced Group Finance Manager to join the MSIO C+AI Finance team leading current and long-term margins for our fast growing Dynamics 365, Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI Businesses.
- Partner closely with engineering and business leaders to deeply understand, scale, and manage the margin health of our growing Dynamics 365, Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI businesses
- Manage the financial health of the business including reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and long range planning
- Drive long-term margin growth through lower capacity cost, improved hardware design, ROI investment decisions and business development
- Develop and maintain frameworks to support deals and pricing/GM models
- Lead a team of highly capable people with exceptional and inclusive people management capabilities.
- 10+ years of Finance experience with progressive advancement
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, computer science or engineering, MBA preferred
- Demonstrated ability to form and influence cross-functional partnerships to deliver high-value projects both as an individual and through v-teams with strong business partnering skills
- Proven management capabilities to attract, retain and develop talent
- Knowledge of cloud services and/or infrastructure is highly desirable.
- Regularly able to demonstrate leadership and inclusion best practices
- Ability to think strategically and communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Translate financial analysis and insights into meaningful and actionable business communications and recommendations
- Manage multiple projects with excellent attention to detail under deadlines.
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills and experience presenting to executives
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.