|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft Acquisition and Venture Success (MAVS) practice provides multi-disciplinary integration advisory services for all acquisitions and divestitures at Microsoft as well as support strategic ventures. We focus on comprehensive due diligence, integration planning, post-close implementation, and deal performance governance with insight, clarity, and adaptable solutions that align people, product, go-to-market, and operational processes. We focus on mitigating risks, building robust integration plans, and driving connections that ensure we can realize the value of each acquisition or venture. This is a team of fast-paced and ambitious individuals who are energized by collaboration and delivering in a dynamic environment. We work with all levels within Microsoft and acquired companies, across all functional areas, and regions.
A core team within the practice is Integration Management (IM), which is responsible for building, evolving, and managing the acquisition success process. The MAVS-IM team is seeking a Program Manager to support our Integration Management team with M&A operations. This role will also be responsible for facilitating best practice sharing among the internal MAVS-IM community, and driving strategic initiatives to improve the MAVS-IM practice. The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong background in business operations, and particularly a track record of success in driving multiple priorities simultaneously. The ideal candidate for this role will also have strong knowledge of technical/web assets – e.g. Office 365 (SharePoint, Power BI, Teams, etc.).
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Support individual IMs with written deliverables
- Support individual IMs with meeting creation, note taking, and follow up items
- Creation and management of deal specific Data Room, Sharepoint/Teams Deal Site
- Management of relationship with Data Room/Deal Site vendors
- Ensure progress on all due diligence activities on behalf of M&A workstreams including: go-to-market, human resources, finance and legal
- Drive various M&A workstreams (e.g. business operations, communications) in partnership with subject-matter-experts, as needed
- Manage and improve all web assets used by the M&A practice to drive/execute on acquisitions; experience in program management of technical teams a plus
Planning & Strategy:
- Provide insights on potential process improvements based on historical knowledge, cross-IM observations, and industry trends/best practices
- Help drive digital transformation for the IM team by leveraging the latest Microsoft productivity tools
- Provide insights into new technologies to make the IM process more efficient (Deal Site, Data Room, etc.)
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in any business management, project management, business operations, finance and analysis, strategic or relationship management role (M&A experience preferred but not required)
- Excellent planning & time management skills, ability to succeed in direct accountability and influence structures (with an emphasis on influencing groups both inside and outside Microsoft)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation experience and interpersonal skills.
- Proven effectiveness driving complex multi-stakeholder planning processes, driving cross-team programs to desired results
- Detail-oriented with analytical problem-solving skills
- Fluency with Microsoft productivity applications (Office 365; Power BI)
- Strong interest in technology M&A
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.