|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft 365 Modern Workplace Transformation (MWT) team has a vision to establish a trusted platform that enables productive and healthy enterprises in a world of digital and remote everything, constantly changing work patterns and norms, and the need for organizational resiliency. We aim to solve our customers’ end-to-end business problems by enhancing Microsoft 365 tools like Teams to address specific business processes, measure the impact on core business outcomes and KPIs, and help organizations improve individual and team productivity and wellbeing.
This Architect will be responsible for developing the technical strategy in association with the Group Engineering Manager and This is a great opportunity for someone who likes to dig in at a product and technical level and define the direction for the Engineering team at various levels. Since a lot of the scenarios we want to enable are quite broad in scope, this position will provide experiences and growth in working across organizations and also putting together the One Microsoft story.
Our areas of focus in Modern Workplace Transformation – Verticals team are: Firstline Workers (1B+ worldwide), Regulated Industries (Health Care, Finance, Government), Unregulated (Retail, Manufacturing and more).
We are a group of supportive team players, working in a fast-paced agile development environment. We regularly collaborate with other seasoned engineers across Microsoft while learning a ton and working on a variety of technologies. We embrace a culture which is customer focused, delivers continuously, drives engineering excellence, is collaborative, fun loving and iterative. We are a diverse team, and we embrace people from all backgrounds, to help us build the best collaboration tool for all workers in the world.
- Work with Product and Technical leaders to then specify the technical architecture.
- Customer Focused Engineer – You strive to understand customer requirements and the intent behind those requirements. You look to understand the implications of these requirements on both our architecture and on the engineers running our services.
- Collaborator – We're working with teams across the division on this project. You strive to understand the motivations and goals of the teams we’re working with and work towards better-together collaborative solutions.
- Technical Innovator - You dive deep into our current architecture, understanding systems and the implication to live site and cost of running the service. You develop and evangelize architectural plans that balance customer requirements, cost to implement, cost to run, and business implications. You thrive on creating designs from ambiguous requirements and realize that innovative designs can create opportunity from this ambiguity. Make technology and design decisions to deliver performant experiences.
- Collaborate with your engineering peers and with the larger organization to reuse/contribute code/stack components where applicable and feasible.
- Cares deeply about growing people, is an excellent coach, and acts as a role model for other employees looking to follow the IC/Architect path.
- Be an active member of the Engineering leadership and help set and drive direction on key initiatives
- 2+ years leading architectural decisions at a Principal level.
- 10 years of experience designing and developing large scale services with much of that experience in an environment with deployments in multiple regions.
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field.
- Track record of delivering innovation and results, leadership and collaboration
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically.
- Solid understanding of web and mobile technologies, service operations at scale, and ability to go deep in technical areas.
- Experience with DevOps environments.
- Working on cross team/org projects
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.