|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Marketplace team within the Commerce and Ecosystems engineering (C+E) groupis responsible forthe growth and success of our commercial marketplace.The commercial marketplace team works with customers, partners andnumerousengineering, marketing,sales,operations, and supportteams acrossthree primary channels:
- Directto customer-across webstorefrontsMicrosoft AppSource,Azure Marketplace,andin-product experiences
- Microsoft field– co-sellingwith theglobalMicrosoftsalesorganization
- Channel–with over 90,000 Cloud Solution Providers in the CSP program
This role will lead release management forMicrosoftcommercial marketplace customer and partner features. In this role you will work with stakeholders across engineering, operations, and support toidentifyupcoming features and drive a coordinated launch and readiness plan withstakeholdersacross marketplace,marketing, docs, MS Learn, andcorpfield leadership. These features span customer and partner across the Microsoft Cloud: Microsoft Azure, GitHub, Microsoft Power Platform, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Teams, and Microsoft Dynamics 365as well as working closely with the Partner Center engineering teams.
You will play a leadership role in ensuring new featureshave incorporated voice of the customer and partner,are clear in terms of value proposition,andare integratedinto various communications and self-servicechannels.You will alsobe responsible forleading early adopter programs to integrate voice of the customer and partner into improving our launches as well as gathering ongoing post-launch feedback.
Core areas of responsibility for this role:
- Lead a weekly release management rhythm and launch review process across allstakeholders
- Continually build and improve scalable frameworks for marketplace adoption,awarenessand satisfaction
- Provide ongoing expert insight and content to enable others to self-service internally andexternally
- Contribute to externalself-service readiness at scalethrough MS Learn, how-to videos, onepagers, and more
- Own early adopter programs such as Marketplace Insiders to capture voice of the customer and partner and coordinate engagement with engineeringatscale
- Work with marketplace, marketing, and corporate role owners to land value prop, readiness and awareness internally andexternally
- Gather early adopter feedback to help improve feature, documentation and readiness materials for a successfullaunch
- Provide ongoing voice of the customer and partner evidence to improve features and self-service content to drive adoption andsatisfaction
- Lead webinars and other events to share commercial marketplace roadmap, momentum and investment areas with partners andcustomers
- Be the expert “Voice of the Partner” onpartner and customerneeds and all internal/external painpoints
- Develop experiments and pilots for new productideas
- Help prioritize and determinepervasiveness and impact of requested features, process and policy changes, and competitivegaps
- Understand and integrate platform needs into broaderrequests
- Help frame feedback, competitive gaps and opportunities forstakeholders in order to guidebusiness requirements documents (BRDs) and the developmentroadmap
- Report to senior business and technical leaders on progress and plans
- Always have a focus on how to generatepartner and customersuccess andgrowth
A successful candidate will draw from many of the following desired skills and experiences:
- Passionateabout diversity and inclusion andeagerto contributeto a diverse and inclusive teamandculture
- 3+ years of relevant experience in product management, product marketing, or related fields (e.g., business planning, consulting).
- Strong aptitude forbuilding frameworks that help drive clarity and scale; extensive experienceframing, analyzing, and solving complex problems.
- Ability tothrive inambiguityby creating clarity and bringing others along;identifying systemic approaches to solvingproblems
- Working knowledge of how engineering teams evaluate and deliver features, and at least one common project management process (e.g., Agile).
- Adept at communicating across diverse audiences (engineering, marketing, and executives)
- Strong writer, and public speaker with structured thinking
- Tech savvy andpassionate about demonstrating and maintaining technical skills across Microsoft and other cloud platforms so we can better understand customer, partner and competitivelandscape
- Exceptional community building skills and cross-group coordination experience.
- Results driven; strong analytical skills with exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drivedecision-making
- Ability to build relationships, influence, and forge alignment among stakeholders andexecutives
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.