|Job Type:||Full Time|
Here at Microsoft, we want to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more.
We need extraordinary colleagues to help us achieve our goals. The Marvel team creates learning and support experiences to help customers across the entire spectrum of Microsoft’s products and services all over the world. We're looking for an experienced UX Designer who's excited about crafting effective, empowering and inclusive products. You will design experiences for customers to find self-help solutions when they need support with Microsoft software and services. On the Marvel Creative team, we apply depth of talent in user experience, video production, visual design, and motion design to deliver the highest quality customer experiences through creativity, empathy, innovation, and vision.
As a UX Designer, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a fun group of passionate creatives, program managers, content writers, and developers working on the next generation of learning and support services and sites spanning all of Microsoft Office and Windows experiences and devices. You should have the ability to envision and scope new solution, and advocate on behalf of customers as part of multidisciplinary product teams. You have impeccable design capabilities and can deliver engineering-ready product designs and prototypes with a high degree of excellence under specific deadlines. The ideal candidate will have the ability to solve customer, product, and business challenges, and help the Marvel team best meet customer needs in ways that are inspirational, inclusive, and empowering.
- Actively participate in brainstorming and ideation sessions, including scenario creation.
- Rapidly convert output from brainstorming and ideation sessions into workable wireframes, concept designs and prototypes.
- Utilize principle-based interaction design to generate and refine core concepts, interactions, and information design.
- Ability to leverage and balance business principles, stakeholders and user research while delivering customer-centered design solutions.
- Actively and quickly build domain knowledge to improve the impact and quality of designs.
- Build storytelling videos, decks, websites, newsletters for internal team and customers.
- Establish a strong relationship with colleagues and partners, bringing them into the creative process and demonstrate the effectiveness and importance of good design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Communication Arts, Information Design, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years (post education) as a UI/UX designer in a company or agency setting working with customers.
- Portfolio demonstrating work experience and showing the application of skills to solve customer’s needs.
- Strong knowledge of current design and prototyping tools for web, mobile and media.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.