|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about human computer interaction and natural user interfaces? The M365 NUI team's mission is to empower people to learn, to create and to collaborate anytime, anywhere, and on any devices using natural interaction modalities like pen/ink, touch, voice, etc. Come join our team to enhance multi-modal interaction experiences, by infusing Office software with the power of the AI and ML in the cloud and on edge devices.
The team is motivated and inclusive, energetic and fun to work with, always learning, and we consider ourselves a focused startup within the larger company with a unique focus. Microsoft is an amazing company to work for with opportunities across many software domains.
- Contributing your technical expertise through all stages of software development, from conceptual and UX design, spec'ing, coding, debugging, testing, data collection, and bug-fixing our features
- Close collaboration with peer and partner teams across development, program management, and designers
- Close collaboration with Microsoft Research and Surface Applied Research
- Starting and growing an understanding of our team's software stack, component relationships, features and end-users
- 1+ years of software development and testing of production software
- Experience in one of the following: Python, C/C++, Java, or C#
- BS or MS in Computer Science or 1+ years of experience developing production software
- PhD. in Human Computer Interaction or similar research experiences
- User interface design, app/experience development (web development, UI frameworks, or application)
- Outstanding technical problem-solving, design, coding, and verification skills
- Ability to communicate kindly and effectively, in person and in written form
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in a motivated team environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.