|Job Type:||Full Time|
Would you like the satisfaction that comes with keeping every person and organization on the planet protected and productive each month through delivering high quality Windows updates? Do you want to explore and discover your full engineering potential in the software development lifecycle? Do you enjoy working in a high performing diverse team with comradery and passion for development? If you answered “yes,” you will want to join our team!
We are the Customer Focused Engineering (CFE) team in Windows Servicing and Delivery (WSD) organization. We own servicing of all in market Windows Operating systems. We deliver updates to every Windows-based device in the world to protect users and enable them to be productive. While Security remains our primary focus, we also enable our commercial and enterprise customers by enabling new device support, addressing reliability and upgrade blocking issues. Our work is critical for the Windows family of devices (PCs, Servers), SurfaceHub, Hololens, Azure and more. We are an agile team and ship twice every month, impacting over a billion Windows devices in the ecosystem.
We are looking for highly motivated engineering lead to help lead a high performing team in designing and delivering quality software updates. You will play a key role developing software for keeping our customer base secure, improving the reliability of the platform, addressing customer reported issues, building data insights, and developing features to light up new scenarios and devices in the Windows ecosystem. We encourage a growth mindset where failures are learning opportunities, feedback is a gift and collaboration yields better outcomes. Customers are the number one reason we exist; ensuring they have excellent experiences with Windows is our top priority. Customer excitement helps drive our own passion to create quality experiences.
The role requires:
- Demonstrated engineering leadership – e.g. proven experience managing complex engineering projects, debugging live issues in critical customer situations, etc.
- Experience building diverse and inclusive teams
- Experience managing and growing high performing teams
- Collaboration skills – the role will require deep partnership across the org and with teams across Microsoft
- Customer obsession – the role serves internal and external customers
Qualifications for this position include:
- 10+ years of professional software development experience in either C/C++.
- 5+ years of experience leading software engineering teams
- Experience in Win32 programming, Developer platform technologies, Windows debugging will be a great plus
- Keen problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Critical, creative and innovative thinking skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.