|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are seeking a talented Sr. firmware engineer who is passionate about delivering highly reliable and secure UEFI solutions for Microsoft Azure Cloud Server platforms. The candidate would contribute to the definition, design, implementation and deployment and collaborate closely with program management, hardware engineers, validation, cloud service teams and external ODM/OEM partners.
- Drive and document firmware definitions and requirements
- Enable and implement UEFI features to advance security, reliability, availability and serviceability
- Debug across HW, FW and SW stacks and skilled at using SW and HW debugging tools
- Work across multiple disciplines and functions to drive platform innovation such as Azure engineering groups, HW, validation, ISV.
- A BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 8+ years of experience on UEFI FW development
- Proficient C/C++ design and coding skills
- Excellent debugging skills such as JTAG
- A high tolerance for ambiguity and change
- Excellent written and oral communications
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.