|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft's World Wide Learning Organization seeks to empower learners around the world to acquire skills enabling them to get a job, advance in their career and achieve more. Here is an opportunity for you to be part of continuing the growth and innovation of our world-class certification program, a key component of our learning programs and experiences designed to build world class capability for customers, partners, employees, and future generations.
As the Director, Worldwide Learning Certification Production and Release, you will work closely with product management, content development managers, and project managers to ensure the on-time release of our certification exams. You will also have an exciting opportunity – with the same teams as well as engineering -- to reimagine and modernize our certification authoring, publishing, and release approach using processes and technology to optimize for the user experience while maximizing efficiency and quality at scale.
You’ll be part of a growing and dynamic team operating in a fast-paced cadence. We are looking for someone who is passionate about helping others achieve more, self-directed, and committed to delivering excellence.
- Drive end-to-end publishing production and release for all customer facing certification exams working with content development managers, project managers and product management.
- Use publishing and release production tools (including AzDO) to ensure a seamless and efficient end-to-end process striving for 100% on-time delivery.
- Assemble exams for publication. Generate and configure exam publication files and release exams through exam delivery provider channel.
- Work with exam content development managers and WWL Engineering team members to ensure we meet exam quality metrics, deliver a customer focused support process, and meet or exceed our compliance and accessibility standards.
- Put into production any new certification features/functionality through integration into the authoring, publishing and release processes and tools with efficiency at scale.
- Lead modernization of certification authoring and publishing through the design and implementation of future state business processes to drive increased efficiency and speed to market while ensuring customer-first focus.
- Develop business requirements for certification authoring and publication tool development and enhancements; work with the exam team, suppliers and WWL engineering to ensure successful implementation.
- Contribute to process and tools documentation used by cross-functional exam team to produce exams.
To be successful in this role, you must have strong verbal and written communication skills, a positive attitude, and the creativity to tackle hard and complex problems in innovative ways. You also thrive in a team environment that values cross-team collaboration and building on the success of others.
- 7+ years of program management or project management experience with a track record of delivering on time.
5-7+ years of demonstrable experience in process improvement, digital transformation - including related tools, or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with engineering and business functions to deliver innovative solutions.
- Exceptional project management and organization skills, with an eye for details.
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration.
- Ability to think strategically and drive change to deliver results.
- Problem solving, technical, and data analysis skills.
- Education or related experience in technical fields such as computer science, engineering, information management.
- Education or related experience in technical communication, instructional design, content project management, testing.
- PMP, Agile or other project management training or certification, a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.