|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come help build the future! Studio Alpha is a new and growing “serious” Game Studio applying the latest in gaming technology and growing cloud capabilities to serve the needs of Government and Commercial Enterprise Customers. Be part of a new business for strategic global industries leveraging key technologies such as large-scale distributed simulation, cloud-based 3d rendering and worldwide “digital-twin” synthetic environments. We aim to empower organizations to solve complex, planet-scale, massive data problems using simulation and artificial intelligence run in the cloud and visualized using advanced gaming technology. We’re a team of high achievers with strong track records by focusing on getting things done through trust, respect and perseverance. Join us and be part of a rare opportunity to transform an industry!
We are looking for an experienced Modeling and Simulation Developer who has a passion and proven track record for modeling and developing simulations, along with a desire to work on leading edge of game technology and geospatial data to enable better strategic and tactical decision making for real-world, global scale problems.
Successful candidate for this role will have a passion for creating simulation focused game development experiences and world-class software engineering skills. You will be a key team member for building a new type of gaming-based experience leveraging Microsoft Gaming and Cloud technologies. This is a rare opportunity to get in at the beginning and help shape the foundation of a brand-new capability, collaborating with industry leading cloud, game studio and game services leaders across Microsoft. Successful candidates will have a track record of shipping quality software and excel at communicating effectively within a growing organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 2+ shipped game titles and/or simulation products
- 3+ years of experience in any of the following: physics, engine, game systems, tooling, or optimizations
- Strong understanding of software development processes and product management methodologies
- Experience as primary architect of at least one core gameplay/simulation system
- Strong skills in modern C++ and experience with scripting languages and ECS a plus
- Experience working with industry M&S tools such as MATLAB/SIMULINK, AnyLogic and Unreal
- Strong mathematical skills
- Working knowledge of how artificial intelligence and/or machine learning concepts can be applied to the simulation space
- Capable of quick prototyping and rapid iteration to ‘fail fast’
- Capable of solving problems of high technical complexity and scale in game development context
- Must be a strong collaborator willing to accept and respond to critical feedback
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country.